run out
是某樣東西被用完的意思
I've run out of cigarette.
我的煙抽完了。
The copier has run out of paper.
復印機里的紙用完了。
We're running out of gas!
汽車快沒油了!
The store ran out of starbucks coffee, so I bought French cafe instead.
商店里的星巴克咖啡賣完了,所以我買了法式咖啡。
The world is running out of water!
地球很缺水!
I'm running out of time.
我沒時間了。
lose consciousness
失去意識
Ray lost consciousness.
雷已經失去知覺了。
passed out
飲酒過量或暫時休克,失去知覺
He's passed out because he had too much drink.
他因為喝酒太多,失去知覺了。
faint
由于中暑或過度饑餓等引起的短暫性昏厥
He always faints at the sight of blood.
他一看見血就會暈倒。
black out
失去意識
He blacked out and woke up two days later.
他昏迷兩天后才醒過來。
postpone
延期(用于像婚禮或足球比賽等重要的活動被延期時)
The baseball game had to be postponed because of bad weather.
因為天氣的關系,棒球比賽不得不延期舉行。
put off
預定的日期或該做的事情被推遲。
The presentation has been put off for a week.
演示會推遲一周舉行。
delay
耽誤,延后
Could we delay the presentation a few days?
我們可以將報告延后幾天嗎?
be put back
延后,推遲
We had to put the presentation back a week.
我們不得不將報告推遲一周進行。