Cashing a Traveller's Check
旅游支票兌現
Margaret Morris wants to cash some traveller's checks at the local office of the Higashi Bank .
馬格麗特·莫里斯想在東銀行的地方分行兌現幾張旅游支票。
Clerk:Hello!May I help you ?
職員:您好,您有什么事情需要我幫忙嗎?
Morris:Yes,I hope so .I need some more cash for my visit in Japan .May I cash a traveller's check here?
莫里斯:是的,我想是這樣。我還需要些現金供我在(日本)這是游覽時使用,我可以在這里兌現旅游支票嗎?
C:Of course ,we'd be happy to cash it for you .
職員:當然可以,我很樂意為您兌現。
M:I was going to cash it at the hotel ,but one of my friends said that banks always give better exchange rates.
莫里斯:我本來打算在旅館兌現,但我的一個朋友說銀行通常有高一點的兌現率。
I'm a school teacher and I have to save every penny I can.
我是個教師,我不得不盡可能節省每一文錢。
C:Well,any bank will cash it at our present traveller's check-buying rate which we have listed here .
職員:噢,任何銀行都將按照現時買入旅游支票的兌換率來兌現。這個兌換率我們已經列在這里了。
Of course ,our rate is somewhat better than that at hotels because of the service charge .
當然,因為手續費的差異,我們的兌換率比旅館的稍微高些。
You see ,hotels aren't really in the money exchange business although they will cash traveller's checks for their guests.
您知道,旅館雖然為他們的客人兌換旅游支票,但他們并不是專門從事貨幣兌換業務。
M:You mean there's really not much of a difference ?
莫里斯:您是說,實際上銀行與旅館的兌換率并不存在很大差距。
C:No ,ma'am ,not very much .
職員:是的,夫人,差距并不很大。
M:Well ,may I cash these two checks for $100 each ?I think that will be enough .
莫里斯:那么,我可以把每張為100美元的兩張支票兌現嗎?我想該夠用了。
But everything is so expensive in Toyko that I might have to come back and cash another one in a few days.
但是在東京什么東西都這樣貴,致幾天之內這可能還得回來兌現另一張支票。
C:Yes,I'll be happy to cash these for you .Would you please countersign them here?
職員:好的,我很高興為您兌現支票。請您將支票副簽一下。
M:There you are .
莫里斯:給您。
C:And will you please sign this foreign exchange request?
職員:請您在這張外匯申請表上簽字,好嗎?
I've already written down your name and address for you.But I will read your passport number.
我已經為您寫好了姓名和住址,但我還得看一下您的護照號碼。