Old Town
舊城
After consulting their guidebook, Kathy and Evan decide to visit Old Town, the oldest section of Stockholm.
凱西和艾凡查閱旅游指南后,決定去參觀斯德哥爾摩最老舊的城區─舊城。
E:This is right up my alley. A whole medieval town in its original condition.
艾凡:這正合我的胃口。一整座原始風貌的中古城鎮。
K:Leave it to you to get off on ancient buildings. Me? I like the modern world better.
凱西:只有你才會喜歡那些古老的建筑。我呢?我比較喜歡現代化的世界。
E:Come on, Kathy. You know I like the modern world, too,
艾凡:拜托,凱西。你知道我也喜歡現代化的世界,
but I really appreciate knowing how people used to live and what their lives were like.
但是我也很想知道古時候的人如何過日子,他們的生活情形是什么樣子。
K:I have to admit that I'm a little interested in it, too. This Old Town is very well kept up.
凱西:我得承認我也有點兒感興趣。這座舊城保存得很好。
E:It's protected against development by the Swedish government.
艾凡:這區在瑞典政府保護下是不準開發的。
K:And yet some parts of downtown look so space-age new.
凱西:但有些在市區的部分看起來卻極為新潮。
E:See? You can have your cake and eat it, too!
艾凡:懂了吧?魚與熊掌是可以兼得的!
K:Ha ha! Yeah. Anyway, what's that building?
凱西:哈哈!沒錯。不管怎樣,那棟建筑物是什么?
E:That's their House of Lords.
艾凡:那是他們的上議院。
K:And that one?
凱西:那么那棟呢?
E:That's the Royal Palace. Quite a building, isn't it?
艾凡:那是皇宮。很了得的建筑物,不是嗎?
K:I'll say. Can we go see it?
凱西:我同意。我們可以去參觀嗎?
E:Sure. But we need more time. We'll have dinner here in Old Town and come back tomorrow to see the Royal Palace.
艾凡:當然可以。但是我們需要多一點時間才行。我們在舊城這里吃晚餐,明天再回來參觀皇宮。