What has been your biggest disappointment on the job?
在工作中最令你感到沮喪的事是什么?
I still remember the disappointment that I had about eight years ago.
我至今還記得八年前一件令人沮喪的事。
when I first participated in bidding for a client's work.
那是我第一次參與爭取某客戶的投標工作。
We were one of the last two bidders that the client considered among a handful that applied,but we lost the job to our main competitor.
我們是眾多投標公司中僅存的最后兩家之一,但是最后我們卻輸給了最大的競爭對手。
Our project team spent many late nights working on the bid.
我們的項目組為了準備那次投標,好多天都工作到深夜。
Our competitor had an advantage because they had worked with that client before.
我們的競爭對手之前曾承攬過那家客戶的業務,所以在這點上占了優勢。
It was a new client for us and I must say our competitor understood the needs of the client better.
對我們公司而言,這家客戶是新客戶,而且我不得不說,還是我們的對手更了解客戶的需求。
We were so disappointed and determined that we would get this account,
我們非常沮喪,并且決定一定要爭取到這家客戶,
so we analyzed what went wrong and the client's mission,market and needs,as well as looked at what our competitor did right.
于是我們針對到底哪里出了問題,對手做的好的地方,甚至對客戶的宗旨,市場,需求全部做了分析。
About six months later,we had another opportunity to bid for the same client's job,and we got it.
大約半年過后,又有一次可以爭取這家客戶的投標機會,我們中標了。
We were very proud of it.
我們為此感到非常自豪。