1.“rather than”意思是“寧可……也不愿(與其……倒不如,而不是)”
We are to blame rather than they. 該受責備的是我們,而不是他們。
They were charging us by volume rather than by weight.
他們是按體積而不是按重量向我們收費。
Rather than studying business, what about starting a company from scratch?
與其學習商業課程,何不從零開始開一個公司?
would rather … than 寧可…也不;寧愿;寧愿…而不
He would rather play than work.
他“寧可”玩,卻不愿工作。
I would rather stay than leave.
我愿意留下來而不想走。
I would rather go than stay here.
但愿他現在能和我一起去看電影。
2.take into account 考慮;重視;體諒
We have to take into account also the demand side.
我們應該也把需求方列入考量。
Yes, but we have take into account the factor of inflation and interest rate.
是的,不過我們把通貨膨脹和利率因素都考慮在內了。
The proposed guidelines have been amended to take into account European concerns.
計劃的指導方案考慮歐洲的關注點并進行修改。