
Busy: being used 正被占用的;占線的
The line is busy─I'll try again later. 占線 我過會兒再打。
the busy signal 忙音
"make it"這一常見表達有很多意思,現列明如下:
1.to be successful in your career 獲得成功
He never really made it as an actor. 他從來就不是一個成功的演員。
2.to succeed in reaching a place in time, especially when this is difficult (尤指在困難情況下)準時到達
The flight leaves in twenty minutes─we'll never make it. 再過二十分鐘飛機就起飛了,咱們無論如何也趕不上了。
3.to be able to be present at a place 能夠出席(或到場)
I'm sorry I won't be able to make it(for example, to a party)on Saturday. 很抱歉,星期六我不能出席。
4.to survive after a serious illness or accident; to deal successfully with a difficult experience 幸免于難;渡過難關
The doctors think he's going to make it. 醫生們認為他能挺過去。
I don't know how I made it through the week. 我不知道自己是怎么熬過那個星期的。
要表達與某人取得聯系(尤指通過電話),最簡單的表達法就是reach sb.
Do you know where I can reach him? 你知道我在哪兒能跟他聯系上嗎?