A:Operator.
我是接線員。
B:I'd like to make a collect call to Portland,Oregon,but I don't know the number.
我要打對方付費電話到俄勒岡州波特蘭市,但我不知道電話號碼。
A:Do you have the name and address of the party?
你有對方的姓名和住址嗎?
B:Yes,I do.It's Henry Lu,451 Madison Drive.
是的,我有。是盧亨利,地址是麥逖遜道451號。
A:One moment,please....The number is 587_6209.May I have your name,please?
請稍候……,號碼是587—6209,請問尊姓大名?
B:Jim Shen.
沈吉姆。
A:And your number,please.
請問你的電話號嗎?
B:564_7582.
564—7582。
A:Will this be person_to_person or station_to_station?
是叫人還是叫號?
B:Station_to_station.
叫號。
A:Just a moment,please.
請稍候。
A:This is long distance.I have a collect call for anyone from Jim Shen.Will you accept the charge?
這是長途電話,是來自沈吉姆的對方付費電話,你愿意接受嗎?
B:Yes,I will.
是的,我接受。
A:Thank you.Go ahead,please.
謝謝你,請說話。
A:Hello,operator,I'd like to make a long distance call to New York.Person_to_person.
喂,接線員,我要打一個電話到紐約,是叫人的。
B:May I have the name of your party?
請問對方的姓名?
A:Jim Han.
韓吉姆。
B:And his number?
他的電話號話呢?
A:741_1111.
741—1111。
B:One moment,sir.
請稍候,先生。
A:Connect me with the overseas operator,please.
請幫我接國際電話臺。
B:Overseas operator.
這是國際電話接線員。
A:I'd like to place an overseas call to Taibei Taiwan.
我要打一個國際電話到臺灣的臺北。
B:Person_to_person or station_to_station call,sir?
是叫人還是叫號?先生。
A:Person_to_person,please.I'd like to speak to Mr.Tan;that's spelled T_A_N.The number is area code(03)445_8421.
叫人的,我找譚先生,拼字是T—A—N。區域號碼是03,電話號碼是445—8421。
B:Thank you,sir.Your number,please?
謝謝你,先生,請問你的號碼?
A:My number is 628_6423.
我的號碼是628—6423。
B:And your name?
你的姓名?
A:Charlie Han.
韓查理。
B:Thank you,Mr.Han.Please hang up the receiver and wait.I'll call you back when your party is on the line.
謝謝你,韓先生,請掛上話等候,接通時我會叫你的。
A:Yes,thank you.
A:Hello?
喂?
B:Mr.Shen?
沈先生嗎?
A:Yes?
是的。
B:There's call for you from Mr.Brown of J.T.Hot Company.
你有一個電話是何特公司布朗先生打來的。
A:Oh,yes.Please put him on.Hello,this is Shen speaking.
啊,是的,請接過來,喂,我是沈先生。
A:Would Travel Service.May I help you?
世界旅行社,我可以效勞嗎?
B:Yes,I'd like to speak to Mr.Wang in the International Department.
是的,我要找國際部的王先生。
A:Just a moment,please.
請稍候。
A:I'm sorry,Mr.Wang's line is busy.Will you hold on ,please?
抱歉,王先生的電話占線,請稍候好嗎?
B:Yes.
好的。
A:Thank you for waiting.I'll connect you.
讓你久等了,我這就幫你接通。
B:Thank you.Hello,may I speak to Mr.Wang,please?
謝謝你,喂,我找王先生好嗎?
C:I'm sorry,sir,but Mr.Wang is not in right now.
抱歉,先生,王先生現在不在。
B:When do you expect him back?
他什么時候會回來?
C:He should be back by three.Would you like to leave a message?
他3點鐘應該會回來,你要留話嗎?
B:Yes.Would you have him call me back? My name is Shen.I'm at the Drake Hotel,Room 621.
好的,請他回我電話好嗎?我姓沈,住在杜累克旅館621房間。
C:All right,Mr.Shen.I'll give him your message.
好的,沈先生,我會傳話給他的。
B:Thank you .Goodbye.
謝謝你,再見。
C:Goodbye.
再見。
1.Can you give me the number of a Mr.Henry Guo,please?
請告訴我郭亨利先生的電話號碼好嗎?
2.Do you have a number listed for a Mr.Robert A.Brown in Manhattan?
你能查到一位在曼哈頓區的羅伯特?A?布朗先生的電話號碼嗎?
3.I'm trying to locate the number of a Mr.Henry Guo.
我正在查一位郭亨利先生的電話號碼。
4.I believe he lives on Smith Street.
我想他住在史密斯街。
5.I'm not quite sure,but I think he lives on King Street.
我不太確定,但我想他住在國王街上。
6.Give me long distance,please.
請接長途臺。
7.Long distance,please.Person_to_person.
我要打叫人的長途電話。
8.Operator,I'd like to make a collet call,please.
接線員,我要打對方付費的電話。
9.Operator,I'd like to call Taibei,please.Station_to_station.
接線員,我要打到臺北的叫號電話。
10.Hello,is this Mr.Brown?
喂,是布朗先生嗎?
11.Who's calling (speaking),please?
請問你是誰?
12.This is Mr.Shen at the Tower Hotel.
我是住在寶塔旅館的沈先生。
13.This is Mr.Shen speaking.
我是沈先生。
14.I'd like to speak to Mr.Brown,please.
我要和布郎先生講話。
15.Is Mr.Thomas in?
托馬斯先生在嗎?
16.Hold on,please.
請稍候。
17.When will he be back?
他什么時候回來?
18.Please tell him Mr.Shen called.
請告訴他沈先生打來過電話。
19.Please ask him to call me back.
請他回電話給我。
20.This is an emergency call.
這是緊急電話。
21.Please connect me with the police station.
請幫我接警察局。
22.Extension 947,please.
請轉947號分機。
23.I'm sorry,I have the wrong number.
抱歉,我打錯號碼了。
24.I'm afraid you have the wrong number.
恐怕你打錯號碼了。
25.Call me at the hotel tonight.
今晚請打電話到旅館找我。
26.I'll call you in the morning.
我早上會打電話給你。
27.Give me room service(the front desk).
請接客房服務(前臺)。
28.Why don't you call me at the hotel tonight?
你為何今晚沒有打電話到旅館找我?
A:Hello,Is this Mrs.Gregory?
喂,是格雷高里太太嗎?
B:Yes.
是的。
A:This is Terry Jin speaking.I was wondering if you'd mind if I dropped in for a few minutes this evening.That is ,if
you're not going to be busy.
我是金泰利,我想你是否介意我今天晚上去拜訪你一下,就是說如果你不忙的話。
B:Not at all,Terry.We'd love to have you over.What time can we expect you?
一點也不,泰利,我們歡迎你來,你幾點來?
A:About seven_thirty.
大約7點30分。
B:Five.We'll be waiting for you.Thank you for calling.
好的,我們等你來,謝謝你來電話。
A:Thank you.Good_bye.
謝謝你,再見。
B:Good_bye.
再見。
A:Hello.
喂。
B:Hello.This is Mary Tan.May I speak to Dr.Finch?
喂,我是譚瑪莉,我可以和芬其博士講話嗎?
A:This is Dr.Finch.
我就是芬其博士。
B:Oh,hello,Dr.Finch.You probably don't remember me,but I'm a student in your English composition class.
哦,嗨,芬其博士,你可能不記得我了,我是你英語作文課的學生,
I have a rather important problem concerning my employment after graduation.Would you mind if I called on you to
discuss it.
我有一個重要的問題,有關我畢業后就業的事,你介意我去你那里請教你好嗎?
A:Not at all.When would you like to come over?
一點也不,你什么時候來?
B:If you're not busy tomorrow afternoon,I'd like to come then.
如果你明天下午不忙的話,我那時候去。
A:Well,tomorrow is rather inconvenient.Could you come this afternoon around three?
嗯,明天不太方便,你能不能今天下午3點左右來?
B:Yes.That'll be fine .Thank you very much.
是,好的,非常謝謝你。
A:Not at all.Thanks for calling.Good_bye.
不謝,謝謝你打電話來,再見。
B:Good_bye.
再見。
A:Professor Whitney speaking.
我是威特尼教授。
B:Hello,Professor Whitney.This is the Eibunkan Publishing Company.Mr.Tan.
嗨,威特尼教授,我是伊幫肯出版公司的田先生。
We were wondering if you could speak at an English symposium we're sponsoring.
我們希望你能在我們贊助的英語座談會上演講。
A:Well,perhaps.When's it going to be held?
喂,或許可以,什么時候舉行?
B:On May 25th at four o'clock.That's Saturday afternoon.
5月25日4點,那是星期六下午。
A:And what did you want me to speak about?
你們要我講些什么?
B:If it's all right with you,we'd like to have you speak on English pattern practice and oral drill in junior high
schools.
如果可以的話,我們希望你講些有關高中的英文句型練習和口語練習。
A:That's fine.It so happens I've been doing some research on that subject recently.How long would you like it.
好的,碰巧最近我在那專題上做了一些研究,你希望講多久。
B:About an hour with fifteen or twenty minutes afterwards for questions.
大約1小時,然后15或25分鐘的發問。
A:All right.I'll be glad to do it.
好的,我很樂意去做。
B:Thank you.The terms we're considering are the same as last time.Will that be satisfactory?
謝謝你,我們所考慮的條件和上次一樣,滿意嗎?
A:Yes.That'll be fine.And where's the place?
是的,可以,在什么地方?
B:The Dr.Sun Yi Xian Memorial Hall.We'll send a car to pick you up at three.
在孫逸仙博士紀念館,我們3點會派車去接你。
A:Taibei Foreign Sales Co.
臺北國際銷售公司。
B:May I have your Personnel Department,please?
請轉人事部好嗎?
A:Just a moment,please.
請稍等。
B:Personnel Department,Mr.Hobart speaking.
人事部,我是赫巴特先生。
A:I'm calling about your ad in this morning's paper.
我打電話來是詢問有關今天早報上你們刊登廣告事情。
B:Oh,yes.Are you interested in doing some work in foreign trade?
哦,是的,你有興趣從事有關國際貿易方面的工作嗎?
A:Yes,sir.
是的,先生。
B:May I have your name,please?
請問尊姓大名?
A:Tom Guo.
郭湯姆。
B:Thank you .Are you a university graduate?
謝謝你,你大學畢業了嗎?
A:Yes,I graduated from Taiwan University last year.I majored in economics.
是的,我去年從臺灣大學畢業,主修經濟學。
B:Have you had any experience?
你有經驗嗎?
A:Just a little,Mostly part_time work.
只有一點點,大部分是兼職工作。
B:I see.Well,frankly we're looking for an experienced person.
我了解,嗯,坦白的說我們要找的是有經驗的人,
But your English sounds pretty good.Perhaps we could train you ourselves.Could you come over to see me this afternoon?
但是你的英文好像說的很好,或許我們自己可以訓練你,今天下午你能來見我嗎?
A:Yes,sir.What time?
是的,先生,什么時候?
B:About three.
大約3點鐘。
A:Yes,sir.I'll be there.
是的,先生,我會去的。
B:Please bring a copy of your personal history statement,too.
也請帶一份履歷表。
A:Yes,sir.
是的,先生。
B:O.K.I'll see you this afternoon,then Thanks for calling.
好的,那么下午見,謝謝你打電話來。
A:Thank you.
非常謝謝你。
B:Good_bye.
再見。
A:Good_bye.
再見。
B:Hello.
喂。
A:Hello.Did you have an ad in yesterday's paper?
喂,你們昨天是不是在報上刊登廣告?
B:Yes.We did.But I'm afraid position's already been filled.
是的,我們刊登了,但是恐怕這個已經有人補充了。
A:I see.Well,thank you just the same.
我了解,嗯,還是很謝謝你。
B:I'm sorry.Good_bye.
抱歉,再見。
A:Good_bye.
再見。
B:Hello.
喂。
A:Hello.I'm calling about your ad for a baby-sitter.
喂,我打電話來是有關你們刊廣告要找一位保姆的事。
B:Oh,yes.
哦,是的。
A:I'm a student at China_Yih Women's College.I'm free every after five o'clock.
我是靜宜女子文理學院的學生,我每天下午5點以后都有空。
B:I see.Well,we're looking for someone for the evening.Perhaps you could come over and see me.
我了解,嗯,我們是在找能夠晚上來的人,或許你可以來和我談談。
A:Yes.I'd be glad to.When would be convenient?
是的,我很樂意去,什么時候比較方便?
B:Well,today's not so good.How about tomorrow morning?
嗯,今天不太好,明天早上如何?
A:I'm sorry,but I have classes in the morning.Would the afternoon be inconvenient?
抱歉,但我早上有課,下午會不方便嗎?
B:No.I don't think so.About four?
不,我不這么認為,4點如何?
A:Yes.That'd be fine.
是的,可以。
B:Good.May I have your name?
好的,請問尊姓大名
A:Yes.Debbie Chen.
是的,我叫陳黛比。
B:I see.Well,thank you for calling,Miss Chen.
知道了,謝謝你打電話來,陳小姐。
A:Not at all .
不客氣。
A:Hello.Johnson's residence.
喂,這里是約翰遜家。
B:May I speak to Mrs.Johnson,please?
請問我可以和約翰遜太太講話嗎?
A:May I have your name?
請問尊姓大名?
B:McCarthy.
麥卡錫。
A:Thank you Just a moment,please.
謝謝你,請稍等。
B:Hello.Graige's residence.
喂,這里是格雷齊家。
A:I'd like to speak to Mr.Graige,please.
我想要和格雷齊先生講話。
B:I'm sorry,but he's out now.Is there any message?
抱歉,他現在外出了,要留話嗎?
A:Well,what time do you expect him back?
嗯,你認為他什么時候會回來?
B:I'm sorry,I don't know.
抱歉,我不知道。
A:Then,please ask him to call Mr.Franks at 761_2334.
那么,請告訴他打7612334找福蘭克斯先生。
B:Yes,sir.
是的,先生。
A:Hello.
喂。
B:Hello,Is Mr.Jones there?
喂,瓊斯先生在嗎?
A:I'm sorry.You must have the wrong number.
抱歉,你一定是打錯電話了。
B:Oh,I'm sorry.
哦,抱歉。
A:Johnson Smith and Company.
約翰遜?史密斯公司。
B:Please connect me with the advertising department.
請接廣告部。
A:Just a moment,please.
請稍等。
B:Johnson Smith and Company.Advertising department.
約翰遜?史密斯公司廣告部。
A:May I speak to Mr.Grey?
我想和葛雷先生講話好嗎?
B:This is Grey speaking.
我就是。
A:Baker Foreign Trading Company.
貝克國際貿易公司。
B:May I speak to Mr.Baker?
我想和貝克先生講話好嗎?
A:Who's calling please?
請問你是哪位?
B:Mr.Grendal.
格蘭黛爾先生。
A:Just a moment,please.
請稍等。
B:Hello.Vicker's Publishing Company.
喂,威克出版公司。
A:I'd like to speak to Miss Phillips,please.
我想和菲力蒲小姐講話。
B:I'm sorry.She's isn't in now.May I have her call you.
抱歉,他現在不在,我請她回電話給你好嗎?
A:No.That's all right.I'll call again later.
不,沒有關系,我稍后再打給她。
B:May I have your name,please.
請問尊姓大名?
A:Kang ning han.
康寧漢。
B:Thank you.
謝謝你。