ACT I
A little further to the right, Tom. 再往右一點,Tom。
Is this OK? 這樣可以嗎?
Good. What do you think, Richard? 好。你看呢?
I like it there. 擺在那兒很好。
It's the first thing people will see when they come in. 這是人們走進來所看到的第一件東西。
It sets the tone for the whole show. 它決定了整個展覽的氣氛。
The next thing they'll see is 他們接著看到的
this enlargement with the words Family Album, U.S.A. Family Album, U.S.A. 這幾個放大的字。
I can't believe this is really happening! 我不敢相信這一切真的發生了!
You've earned it. 這是你應得的報償。
Years of work went into these pictures. 多年心血換來這些照片。
I know, but it's still a dream come true. 我知道,但這終究是一個夢想實現了。
Well, remember, 嗯,記住,
we're not sure 我們還不能肯定
what the critics are going to write about your show yet. 評論家們會對你的展覽寫些什么。
And you never know 而你永遠也不知道
what the man from the New York Times is going to say about it. 紐約時報的那個人會說些什么。
Are you worried? 你擔心嗎?
I always worry. 我一向擔心。
The reviews of this show 與這次展覽有關的評論
are important for the sales of your book. 對于你這本書的銷售很重要。
When do we see the reviews? 什么時候我們可以看到評論?
Soon. 很快。
One of the critics is coming over this morning for a preview. 一位評論家今天早上要來看預展。
I hope he's in a good mood. 我希望他心情不錯。
So do I. 我也是。
Marilyn and I hope to use money from the sales of this book Marilyn和我希望用這本書銷售的錢
to buy a new house. 來買一棟新房子。
The book will be a success. 這本書會成功的。
And the show will help promote it. 而這次展覽會有利于促銷它。
Speaking of promoting the book, 說起促銷書的事,
do I really have to 我是不是真的有必要
autograph copies for the guests at the opening? 在展覽開幕時為客人在書上簽名?
It's common practice. 這是慣例。
I feel uncomfortable about it. 我對此感到滿不好意思的。
A lot of people come to openings 許多人參加開幕式
just so they can get 就是為了得到
the autograph of somebody who may be famous someday. 將來有可能成名的人的簽名。
Couldn't we wait until I'm famous? 難道不能等到我成名了再說?
That might be sooner than you think. 那也許比你想像的要快。
This one over here, Mr. Carlson? 這張就擺這兒嗎,Carlson先生?
A little further back, Tom. 再往后一點,Tom。
It's too close to the refreshments. 它離茶點太近了。
No, I think this one belongs in the "people-at-work" section. 不,我認為它屬于“工作中的人們”那一區。
You may be right. 也許你說的對。
Try it there, Tom. 放在那兒試試,Tom。
Right. 好。
Nervous about the opening tonight? 對今晚開幕式感到緊張?
Nervous? 緊張?
Me? 我?