對話口譯如下:
CNN 記者:李先生,你好!很高興見到你。謝謝你教我中國的商業禮儀。
Mr. Li: Not at all.
CNN 記者:我想問一下,我現在的著裝適合商業場合嗎?
Mr. Li: Absolutely perfect for Chinese businessmeeting: conservative color, long skirt.
CNN 記者:那就好。我們現在開始上課吧。這是我的名片。
Mr. Li: OK. This is my business card. Noticehow I present it to you with the English side facing you.
CNN 記者:哦,那我也必須跟著做。這是我的名片。
Mr. Li: Oh, wonderful. You get yourself aChinese name. Notice how I spend a little bit of time paying attention todetail of the card as a sign of respect.
CNN 記者:有時商業會議結束前會進行禮物交換。這里有一些CNN 牌子的禮物,用于禮物交換合適嗎?
Mr. Li: Er, some of them like the iPod might be too expensive; it could carry a bribery undertone. And theother side might feel uncomfortable, because he would have to reciprocate with something of equal value.
CNN 記者:那這張圖片光盤合適嗎?
Mr. Li: That is a perfect gift; it canintroduce your company, your city or your country.
CNN 記者:好的,這堂課結束了,不過我們的禮儀學習晚餐時還要繼續。
Mr. Li: Ok, I’ll see you then.
CNN 記者:在中國,宴席對于建立商業關系有多重要呢?
Mr. Li: It is a cultural way. Chinese peopleregard eating as one of the most important things in their lives as they say“eating is as important as the sky”.
CNN 記者:原來如此。這碟菜是炒牛蛙,可能有些外國商人會不喜歡。如果來中國做客,主人上這道菜,可是你不想吃,怎么辦呢?
Mr. Li: I would just say something nice andpolitely decline it.
CNN 記者:餐桌上還有魚,魚朝著我這個方向擺放,這是什么意思呢?
Mr. Li: That means you would have to drink aglass of white liquor because the head of the fish
is pointing toward you. That’s a custom fromthe North.
CNN 記者:既然是習俗,我就得喝,謝謝。對了,這些白酒度數很高,客人如果不喜歡,可以拒絕嗎?
Mr. Li: Yes, but the host would naturallyprefer that you join him in drinking it.
CNN 記者:好,那我就和主人一起祝酒?
Mr. Li: That’s right.
CNN 記者:好的,謝謝李先生給我們上了精彩的一課。
Mr. Li: You’re welcome.