Hi again, welcome back to engvid.com, I'm Adam, today's lesson is meant to show you ways of increasing your vocabulary.
再次見到大家很高興,歡迎回到engvid.com,我是Adam,今天的課程是要教你們一些增加詞匯量的方法。
I know some of the other teachers on engvid.com have done these lessons.
我知道engvid.com上有些其他的老師已經做過這種課程了。
I just want to throw my two cents in if you know what that means, is I want to give my own piece of advice.
我只是想跟大家分享一下我的拙見,如果你們知道這是什么意思的話......也就是我想給你們一些我自己的建議。
I have a few ideas for you, we are going to start with these, we're going to look at a few others more practical ones as well.
我給你們準備了一些方法,我們會先從這些開始講,然后還會再看其他幾個更實用的想法。
The most important thing that you can do to increase your vocabulary is read, read a lot.
要增加詞匯量,你們能做的最重要的事是閱讀,大量閱讀。
What should you read? Anything and everything.
你們應該讀什么?任何東西,所有材料都可以。
But the most important thing is read what you are interested in, okay?
但最重要的是閱讀你們感興趣的材料。
If you like sports, read a sports magazine.
如果你們喜歡運動,那就讀本運動雜志。
If you like movies, read a movie magazine, even better read the script of the movie.
如果喜歡電影,那就看本電影雜志,能讀一讀電影劇本就更好了。
If the movie is based on a novel, read the novel.
如果這部電影是根據一本小說改編的,那就去讀這本小說。
For example, recently the movie Life of Pi was very famous in the theaters.
舉個例子來說,最近在各大影院都很火爆的電影《少年派的奇幻漂流》。
It's based on a novel, read the novel, it's a pretty good book.
它就是根據一部小說改編的,這本小說很不錯,你們可以看一下。
My favorite movie Shawshank Redemption, based on a novella by Stephen King.
我最喜歡的電影《肖申克的救贖》,改編自Stephen King的中篇小說。
Read it, best way to increase your vocabulary.
去讀一讀吧,這是增加詞匯量最好的方法。
Also don't just learn new words and try to remember them.
還有,學新單詞的時候不要只是干巴巴地學并且試著記住它們。
Write, write a lot, use the words you're learning, right?
你們要動手寫,多寫,要把你們正在學的單詞用起來。
Every time you learn a new word, you should have a notebook with you all the time anyway.
不管怎樣,每次你們學習一個新單詞的時候,都應該在身邊帶一個筆記本。
Write the word in a sentence, but not just any sentence, make sure that the sentence clearly shows that you know the meaning of the word, okay?
用這個單詞造一個句,但是也不要隨便造句,你們要確保這個句子能夠清晰地顯示你們知道這個單詞的意思,懂嗎?
So let's... for example, I know everybody knows this word but... "beautiful", everybody knows this word, but let's say it's a new word for you.
比如......我知道"beautiful"這個單詞你們都認識,每個人都認識這個單詞,不過我們假設這對你們來說是個新單詞。
Don't write "The sky is beautiful", it doesn't tell me anything about the word "beautiful".
不要光寫個"The sky is beautiful",這個句子并沒有告訴我任何關于單詞"beautiful"的信息。
The sky is also blue, does beautiful mean blue?
天空也是藍色的啊,"beautiful"的意思是藍色嗎?
No, make sure you're using something.
不是,請一定要在句子里加上其他成分。
I love to see a beautiful sky that has pretty clouds and sunshine and a nice color, nice shade of blue, because it makes me feel happy.
比如:I love to see a beautiful sky that has pretty clouds and sunshine and a nice color, nice shade of blue, because it makes me feel happy.(我喜歡看這片有著漂亮的云彩、陽光和好看的顏色、好看的藍色的美麗天空,因為它讓我覺得很開心。)
Not the best example, it's a very long sentence but you get my idea.
這個例子雖然不是最好的示例,句子太長了,但是你們懂我的意思就好。