雅思詞組1:burn out燃料用盡而熄滅,燒壞,停止工作;累垮
Burning out often occurs among young peoplebecause they do not relax and enjoy their lives that they are busily creating.
年輕人經常被累垮是因為他們不休息,也不去享受他們匆忙創造的生活。
近義詞組:be knocked up
雅思詞組2:bus route公交線路
Every morning there are many students andold people on this bus route, so we need more buses.
每天早晨這條公交線路上都有很多學生和老人,因此我們需要更多的公交車。
氣與“公交車”相關的表達:
get on/off 上/下車
swipe card 刷卡
bus stop 公交站
stand clear 不要倚靠
conductor 售票員
platform 站臺
雅思詞組3:buy sb. out買下某人的所有權(或產權、股份)
A:What do you think the company will do?
A:你認為這家公司會采取什么方案?
B:Hmm...Well, obviously they have thechoice of accepting the very favorable terms that another company-KPMC-havegiven them to buy them out. That would mean creating a new company with a newimage.
B:這個,很顯然他們可以選擇接受另一家公司畢馬威提出的極其有利的并購方案。這意味著創辦一家有著全新形象的新公司。
雅思詞組4:by hand用手工,用人力
Toughened glass used for cooking doesn'tfully melt at the temperature required for other glass, and so that also has tobe picked out by hand.
烹調用的鋼化玻璃在其他玻璃必需的熔化溫度下不能完全熔化,所以還要手工挑出。
近義詞組:manually
雅思詞組5:by heart熟記;憑記憶
A:Do you need any ID or anything like that?
A:你需要身份證或其他類似證件嗎?
B:Yes, we need your driver's licensenumber, that is if you have one.
B:是的。我們需要你的駕照號碼,如果有的話。
A:Yes, I know it off by heart, it's an easyone, 2020BD. Do you need to see it?
A:好的,我都熟記于心了,很好記,2020BD。你需要看一下嗎?
B:I'm afraid I do.
B:我得看看。
近義詞組:from memory
雅思詞組6:by installment分期付款
Don't worry! You can pay for the house byinstallment payment.
別擔心!你可以通過分期付款的方式來付房款。
與“貨款”相關的常用表達:
an excessive amount 巨大的數目
time loan 定期貨款
heavily in debt 負債累累
mortgage 抵鉀
grant a loan 批準貨款
debt ceiling 債務上限
雅思詞組7:by means of依靠,通過
While most other animals, including fish,hunt their prey by means of their eyesight, sharks hunt essentially by smell.
包括魚在內的大多數其他動物都靠視覺捕獵,而鱉魚基本上靠嗅覺。
近義詞組:by way of
雅思詞組8:by profession專職
A:And your occupation?
A:您做什么工作?
B:Well, I'm in Britain as a projectmanager, but that's not my main job. I'm an engineer by profession.
B:我在英國做項目經理,但那不是我的主要工作。我是一名專職工程師。
雅思詞組9:by the middle of到……中期
By the middle of the 19th century, in 1850that is, the figure had fallen sharply to 10%, and then to 3% by the middle ofthe 20th century.
到19世紀中期,也就是1850年,這個數字驟降至10%,然后到20世紀中期則降至3%0
雅思詞組10:by the way順便提起,順便說說;在途中
By the way, if you want more informationabout any of the trips, have a look at the student newspaper.
順便說一下,如果你想了解更多有關旅行的信息,請閱讀學生報。
雅思詞組11:call...out(為處理緊急事件而)召喚某人;命令(或建議)工人罷工
Our daughter, Anna, isn't well this morningand I may have to call somebody out.
我們的女兒安娜今天早上不舒服.我得叫人來。
雅思詞組12:call slip借書單,索書單
Please fill out all the informationrequired on ahis call slip.
請填寫這張索書單里要求填寫的所有信息。
雅思詞組13:cancel one's reservation取消預訂
Sorry, I'm afraid I have to cancel myreservation.
對不起,恐怕我得取消我的預訂。
近義詞組:call off one's reservation