New Words
新單詞
regularly adv.
經常地,定期地
primarily adv.
主要地,根本上
various adj.
不同的,各類的
securities n.
證券
haphazard adj.
隨意的,無計劃的
excess n.
過剩,多余
invoice n.
發票
Phrases & Expressions
短語
drop by
順便拜訪。
balance sheet
資產負債表
get together
集合
checking account
支票帳戶
accounts receivable and payable
應收與應付帳款
on hand
手頭
S:I'm sorry I wasn't able to get together with you sooner, Steven.
S:史蒂文,很抱歉我沒能早點與你碰頭。
In the future, however, I suggest we meet regularly.
當然,我建議以后我們經常見面。
B:Right! How do the figures look to you, David?
B:好!大衛,這些數額你覺得怎么樣?
S:Overall, they look good. But I also think we're at a point where we need to make a few improvements.
S:總得來說,看起來還不錯。但我也在想,有些地方我們該作些改動了。
B:What did you have in mind?
B:你有什么想法?
S:I'm referring primarily to cash management. It's important that we take a careful look at the cash being held on deposit in checking accounts.
S:我主要指現金管理。我們需要他仔細查看支票帳戶中作為存款的現金,這很重要。
And, according to the balance sheet, there's some $600,000 on deposit in various banks.
而且,根據資產負債表上反映的情況,我們在各家銀行總共有60萬美元的存款。
Isn't that a lot to be holding in checking accounts?
我們是否需要這么多的現金放在支票帳戶里呢?
B:It is a rather large amount, yes.
B:對,金額真是不小。
S:OK, here's what we'll do. I suggest you move more funds out of those checking accounts only leaving what's required for day-to-day expenses.
S:好,下面我們這樣做。我建議你將大部分現金從那些支票帳戶中取出來,放到短期證券業務上去。在支票帳戶上只需留下日常開支需要的現金即可.
Oh, and Steven, be careful that those short-term securities aren't selected in a haphazard way. Invest wisely.
對了,史蒂文,短期證券的種類可不要隨心所欲地作出選擇。投資要精明些。
B:Of course. In fact, those excess funds could provide us with returns of eight or nine percent.
B:那當然。實際上,那些過剩資金可為我們提供八到九個百分點的收益。
S:Exactly! OK, point number two. I'm also concerned about accounts receivable and payable.
S:完全正確!對,第二點,我也很關注應收與應付帳款。
It's taking much too long to collect from our customers. On the other hand, we're paying our bills right on time.
從我們的客戶那兒收帳款的時間拖得特別長。另外一方面,我們卻從不誤時支付帳款。
I think we should start delaying payments on certain of our accounts. That'll give us more cash on hand.
我想,對一些應付賬款,我們應該逐漸延些時間。這樣,我們的手頭的現金還會增加一些。
B:Will do. As for accounts receivable, I'll ask our people to make a special effort to collect on past due accounts.
B:會辦的,對那些應收帳款,我會讓手下的人盡力去收回已過期的帳款。
We do offer a one percent discount on invoices paid within ten days, but it's still taking an average of four months to collect.
我們為十天內支付的發票提供一個百分點的折扣,但仍平均四個月收入一次帳款。
S:Let's increase the invoice discount to two percent.
S:那讓我們將發票的折扣提高到兩個百分點吧。
That might get more customers to pay sooner. Oh and Steven,
那樣或許能讓我們的客戶早些付錢。噢,史蒂文,
I'm going to establish a year-end goal - to cut the average collection time on accounts receivable from four months to two.
我要制定一項年終目標-把平均每四個月收一次帳款縮減到兩個月。
B:We'll do our best, David. In fact, I'm already confident the balance sheets will soon be showing a far different picture.
B:我們會盡力的,大衛。實際上,我很自信,資產負債表很快就會顯示非常不同的前景的。
S:A bright one, I hope.
S:我希望是光明的前景。