A:Operator.
接線員。
B:I'd like to make a collect call to Los Angeles.That's area code 213_468_2435.
我想打個電話到洛杉磯,由對方付費。電話號碼是213—468—2435。
A:And what's the name of the person you want to speak to ?
你要通話的人叫什么名字?
B:Susan Greene.
蘇珊•格林。
A:Operator.
接線員。
B:Yes,Operator.I'd like to place a person_to_person call to Chicago.The number is 932_8647,but I don't know the area code.
喂,接線員,我想打個叫人電話到芝加哥,電話號碼是932—8647,但我不知道地區的電話號碼。
A:Who do you want to speak to?
你要和誰通話?
B:I'll speak to anyone at extension 214.
214 分機的誰都行。
A:Operator.
接線員。
B:I want to make a person_to_person call to 212_836_1725.
我要掛個叫人叫電話,號碼是212—836—1725。
A:And the name of the person you're calling,please?
請問你要通話的人叫什么名字?
B:Ed Cooper.That's C double O_P_E_R.
埃德•庫柏。就是C兩個O_P_E_R.
A:Operator.
接線員。
B:Operator,I'd like to place a call to Winnipeg,Canada.The number is 932_0806.
接線員,我想打個電話到加拿大溫尼泊。電話號碼是932—0806。
A:What's the name of the party you're calling?
你要打電話的對方叫什么名字?
B:I'm not sure of the name,but the extension is 211.
叫什么名字不太清楚,只知道電話分機是211。
A:What number are you calling?
你要打的電話是什么號碼?
B:I'd like to call area code 516_823_0801.please.
請你接516—823—0801。
A:Hello.Can I speak to Yaolanda,please?
喂,我找姚蘭達講話,可以嗎?
B:Hold on,please.
請等一下。
A:Thank you.
謝謝你。
B:Sorry,but she's out.
很抱歉,她出去了。
A:Would you tell her Tom Gray called?
請你告訴她湯姆•格雷給她來過電話,好嗎?
B:I'd be glad to .
好的。
A:Hello.Is Marie Ward there,please?
喂,請問瑪麗•沃德在嗎?
B:I'll see if she's in .
我去看看她在不在。
A:OK.
好的。
B:I'm afraid she's not here.
很抱歉,她不在。
A:Could you give her a message,please?
請問你能不能留個口信給他?
B:Yes,of course.
當然可以。
A:Hello.Is Mrs.James in,please?
喂,請問詹姆斯太太在家嗎?
B:Hang on ,please.
請等一下。
A:All right.
好的。
B:I'm sorry,but I think she's stepped out.
對不起,我想她出去了。
A:Would you ask her to call Larry Ruskin at 836_2550?
請你叫她給瑞里•羅斯金打個電話好嗎?電話號碼是836—2550。
B:Certainly.
當然可以。
A:Hello.Could I speak to Miss Davis?
喂,我可以找戴維斯小姐講話嗎?
B:Just a minute,please.
請等一下。
A:Thanks.
謝謝。
B:She's not at her desk right now.
她現在不在辦公室。
A:Could you tell her to give Doug a call when she gets back? She has my number.
他回來后,請你告訴她給道格打個電話?她有我的電話號碼。
B:Sure.
一定轉告。
B:Operator.
接線員。
A:I'd like to call Taibei.
我想打電話到臺北。
B:Your name and your room number,please.
請問尊姓大名和房間號碼?
A:My name is Terry.My room is 1209.
我叫泰利,房間號碼1209。
A:Hello,I'd like to call Taibei.
喂,我想打電話到臺北。
B:Yes,sir.I'll call an overseas operator.Hold on a minute,please.
是的,先生,我是接海外電話接線員,請稍等。
B:This is the overseas operator.
這是海外電話接線員。
A:I'd like to make a call to Taibei.
我想打電話到臺北。
B:What number are you calling,please?
請問你打多少號碼?
A:02_814_4345.
02—814—4345。
B:02_814_4345.Is that right?
02—814—4345,對嗎?
B:Station_to_station?
叫號電話嗎?
A:Yes,and I'd like to reverse the charges.
是的,我想要對方付費。
B:What number are you calling?
你打多少號碼?
A:Taibei 02_814_4345.I'd like to place a person_to_person call to Mr.David Chen.And I want to call collect.
臺北02—814—4345,我想打叫人電話給陳大衛先生,而且我要對方付費。
B:Please make it a collect call,and a person call to Mr.Zhang.
請打對方付費的叫人電話給張先生。
A:Make it a collect call,please.
對方付費電話,請。
B:Make it a person_to_person call,please.
叫人電話,請。
How can I make a local call from this phone?
用這部電話我怎么打本地區電話?
How can I make a direct long distance call from this phone?
用這部電話我怎么打直撥長途電話?
Can I make a direct long distance call from this phone?
我能用這部電話打一直撥電話嗎?
What number should I dial to get the operator?
我應該撥幾號才能和總機接線員聯絡?
What number should I dial for information?
我要打給服務臺應該撥幾號?
A:This is Terry Lin of SBC Corporation speaking.
我是SBC公司的林泰利。
B:What can I do for you ,Mr.Lin?
林先生,我能為你效勞嗎?
A:Could you please give me the international division?
請你轉國際部好嗎?
B:Hold on a minute,please.
請稍等。
A:Can you please connect me with the export department?
請你轉出口部好嗎?
B:Hold the line a moment,I'll connect you.
稍等一下,我轉過去。
A:May I speak to Mr.Watson?
我能和沃特森先生講話嗎?
B:One moment,please.
請稍等。
A:Extension number 367,please.
請轉367號分機。
B:Just a moment,please.
請稍等。
B:I'm sorry,he's not in at the moment.
抱歉,他現在不在。
A:May I leave a message?
我能留話嗎?
B:I'm sorry,he's not in the office now.Shall I take a message?
抱歉,他現在不在辦公室,我能傳話嗎?
A:Could you please tell Mr.Watson that I called?
請你告訴沃特森先生我打過電話來好嗎?
B:I'm sorry,Mr.Watson is out.Can I take a message?
抱歉,沃特森先生出去了,我能傳話嗎?
A:Please tell him to call me back as soon as he gets in.This is 548_1139.Hilton Hotel,room number 1209.
請告訴他一回來馬上回電話給我,我電話是548—1139,希爾頓負飯店1209號房。
n. 守衛,監護,受監護人,病房,行政區
vt