點菜有兩種方式,一是 a la carte 隨 意 點 菜 ,一是 table d'hote 或 fixed price meal份飯,套餐,后一種有幾道固定的菜肴和飲料,價格也是固定的。它的優點就是方便快捷,點菜時只需指著菜單說:
Please give me this one.
請給我來這個。
We want two number eights, please.
我們要兩份第八套餐。
在點菜之前,一般先要份菜單 :
May I have a menu, please?
我可以看菜單嗎?
如果不急于點菜,可以在服務生問到:
Can I take your order now?
你現在叫點什么嗎?
回答:
Not quite. Could I have a few more minutes?
不,我可以再多等會嗎?
需要叫菜時,可以說:
Please take my order.
請接受點菜。
如果對當地的菜肴不熟悉,可以問:
What is the specialty of the restaurant?
這家店的招牌餐是什么?
Do you have any special meals today?
今天有什么特餐嗎?
What would you recommend?I prefer something light.
我想來點清淡些的,你能推薦什么嗎?
也可以讓同來的人替你做主,或是點重復的飯菜:
I'll leave it to you.
我讓你來點。
I'll have the same as that one.
我要一份和那個一樣的。
自己點菜可以更隨意些,例如:
A. Could you tell me how this thing is cooked?
能否告訴我這道菜是怎么做的?
B. Lobster? It's steamed and served with our special sauce.
龍蝦?蒸過后加上本店特制的調味料。
A. Is it good?
好吃嗎 ?
B. Sure. It's a most popular dish.
當然,很受歡迎的。
A. I think I'll try some lobster, and give me some green salad together.
我想我來點兒吧。再給我一份蔬菜沙拉。
B. We have three dressings for salad. Which one would you like?
我們有三種沙拉調味汁,您要哪種?
A. What kind do you have?
你們有什么?
B. We have Italian, French and Thousand Island.
有意大利,法國和千島的。
A. Make it French please.
給我法式的吧。