My father, my hero
我的父親,我心目中的英雄
I consider my father to be the most important person in my life.
我認為我父親是我一生中最為重要的人。
This is not because he is famous or wealthy.
這并不因為他的名譽和財富。
We do not have a big car, and there are no old, expensive vases or paintings in our house.
我們家沒有名貴的小轎車,沒有古老、昂貴的花瓶或油畫。
Rather, what I value about my father is the care and love he shows for me and my family.
然而,我尊重我父親是因為他給予我和家人的關愛。
What blesses my father most is being able to put food on the table and a roof over our heads.
最讓我父親趕到幸福的是,他能夠養家糊口,能讓我們有棲身之所。
My father might work hard, but he is always there for us.
我父親可能工作很辛苦,但是他永遠陪伴著我們。
Whenever I trip or hurt myself playing sports, he's there to pick me up.
無論我跌倒時或在運動中傷到自己時,他總會扶我一把。
My brother and I grew up with his constant care and the funny nursery rhymes and stories he told us.
我哥哥和我是在他的精心照顧下,伴隨著他所講的有趣童謠和故事長大的。
My father's family came to the USA from China, and they were quite poor when he was a child.
我父親的家人從中國來到美國,在父親很小時,家里很窮。
He once told me his mom used pins to hold his shirt together when he went to school.
他曾告訴我,他母親在他去上學時用別針把襯衫連在一起。
When he was only fourteen years old, he had to leave school and start working
他還只有14歲時,他不得不離校,開始去工作,
because my grandfather died, leaving no money and a big family behind.
因為我的祖父去世了,沒有留下錢財,只撇下了一個大家庭。
If he had not worked, there would have been no one to support the family.
如果他不工作的話,就沒有人養這一家人。