The economy or the environment-must we choose?
環境或經濟—我們必須選擇嗎?
TV host: James Long
節目主持人:吉姆斯·隆
Speakers: Lin Shuiqing, a spokeswoman from the Green Society
演講者:林水清,“綠色社會”的發言人
Qian Liwei, a business development consultant
錢立偉,經濟發展顧問
Good morning. Today's debate question is, 'The economy or the environment—must we choose?
早上好。今天的辯論題目是環境或經濟——我們必須選擇嗎?
'With me are Ms Lin Shuiqing, from the Green Society, and Mr Qian Liwei, a business development consultant.
“我身邊的是來自綠色保護社的林水清女士以及經濟發展顧問錢力偉先生。
We are following our usual schedule for debates.
我們遵守平常的辯論時間表。
Ms Lin Shuiqing will speak first for three minutes. Mr Qian Liwei will follow, also for three minutes. Then we will open the floor for discussion.
林水清女士首先發言三分鐘。錢力偉先生接下來發言,同樣有三分鐘時間。然后我們將進行開放辯論。
If you have any questions or comments, you can use this time to express them.
如果你有任何疑問或者解釋,可以在這段時間提出。
Good morning, everyone. First I am talking to you today about the way vast areas of the world are damaged by chemical waste.
各位,早上好。我今天首先要談的是化學廢物如何破壞世界大片區域。
Many places have been destroyed and many plants and animals have died. This is awful. Factories produce large numbers of harmful chemicals.
很多地區被毀壞,很多動植物死去。這很可怕。工廠產生了大量有害的化學物質。
The waste they create goes into the atmosphere and makes us sick. Other types of waste flow into our water, killing river and sea life.
它們生產的廢物進入大氣層導致人類生病。而其他種類的廢料污染水源,導致河流、海洋生物的死亡。