2. Choose a time when you will be relaxed but also too busy to think about smoking.
選擇一個你很放松但又由于太忙沒法吸煙的時間。
該句用了too...to...句型表示“太……而不能……”,
表示否定含義。
It is too dry for the plants with bigger leaves to grow in the desert.
沙漠太干燥了,大葉子植物不適合在那里生長。
You ride the bike too fast to keep the balance at last.
你騎車太快了,這樣會把握不好重心的。
并不是所有“too...to”結構的句子都表示否定意義
①“too...to...”結構之前帶有but, only, all, never, not時,是強調肯定的表示法,譯作“非常……”、“十分……”、“實在……”、“真是太……”等。
I am but too glad to do so.
我非常喜歡這樣做。
We are only too happy to live in China.
生活在中國,我們太幸福了。
They are all too satisfied to go and do this work.
他們都很樂意地去做這項工作。
English is not too difficult to learn.
英語并不難學。
②某些形容詞與too...to...句型連用時,too (=very)表示肯定的意義。這些形容詞多為表示情感的詞,如glad, pleased, surprised, delighted, happy, easy, willing, ready, eager, anxious等。
I am too pleased to see you here.
在這兒見到你我很高興。
③在“too...to...”結構中,不定式為否定式時,是構成的雙重否定,其意為“非常……;不會不……”,也不表示否定意義。
He is too kind not to help you.
他很善良,不會不幫助你。
The girl is too careful not to do it well.
這姑娘很細心,完全能干好那件事。
v. 注射