When I have something difficult to do, I used to ask my mom, "Could you help me?"
以前當我做事情遇到困難的時候,我常常會問媽媽:“你能幫我嗎?”
But she always says, "Do it yourself, dear."
但她總是說:“親愛的,你自己做吧。”
Then I get so sad. I used to think she is a lazy mother.
然后我會很傷心。我過去認為她是一個懶惰的母親。
For example, one day, I invited some friends to my home.
例如,有一天,我邀請了一些朋友來我家。
My bedroom was untidy. Books were all over the table and the ground.
我的臥室不整潔,桌子和地上到處都是書。
So I asked my mother to help me clean it.
所以我讓媽媽幫我打掃。
But she said seriously, "Do it yourself, girl."
但她認真地說:“你自己做吧,閨女。”
So I did it myself. Because of my "lazy" mother, I wash my clothes and clean my room myself.
所以我自己做了。因為我“懶惰”的媽媽,我要自己洗衣服、打掃房間,
I can also help my parents do some housework.
還要幫父母做一些家務。
From now on, I understand my mother. It's her laziness that makes me clever and hard-working.
現在,我懂我的媽媽了,是她的懶惰使我變得聰明、努力。
Just my mother says, "A lady can't be lazy, or she'll be crazy. Work can make you sunny."
只是我媽媽說:“淑女不能懶惰,否則她會變得很瘋狂。勞動可以讓你變得陽光。”
I have a great mother. A good mother is a good teacher.
我有一個偉大的母親。一個好媽媽就是一個好老師。