The happy farmer and his wife
快樂的農民和他的妻子
Long ago, there was a poor farmer called Fred.
很久以前,有一個貧窮的農民叫弗雷德。
Fred and his wife, Doris, lived in an old small hut.
弗雷德和他妻子,桃瑞絲住在一個又小又舊的木屋里。
One winter night, the Luck Fairy visited them.
一個冬天的晚上,幸運仙女拜訪他們。
'Fred, you're a good and hard-working former. I'd like to give you three wishes,' said the Luck Fairy.
幸運仙女說:“弗雷德,你是一個勤勞的好農夫。我想滿足你們三個愿望。”
Fred and Doris smiled at each other, and said, 'Thank you very much.
弗雷德和桃瑞絲相互笑了笑,說:“非常感謝你。
We don't need any wishes. Although we're old, we work in the fields every day.'
我們不需要愿望。雖然我們老了,但是還能夠每天在田里勞動。”
'You don't earn much. I can give you some gold coins,' said the Fairy.
仙女說:“你們掙錢不多。我可以給你們一些金幣。”
'Although we're poor, we live happily,' said Doris.
桃瑞絲說:“雖然我們貧窮,但是我們生活地很快樂。”
'Your hut is old and small, I can give you a big new house,' said the Fairy.
仙女說:“你們小屋又小又舊,我可以給你們一個又大又新的房子。”
'Although our hut is old and small, it's very comfortable, I like this hut very much.
“雖然我們的木屋又小又舊,但是很舒適。我非常喜歡這個木屋。
I've lived here with Doris for many years,' replied Fred.
我和桃瑞絲在這里住了很多年了。”弗雷德說。
'How about some beautiful clothes?' asked the Fairy.
仙女說:“送給你們一些漂亮的衣服怎么樣?”
'Although our clothes are old, they're still comfortable.
“雖然我們的衣服破舊,但是穿起來還是很舒服。
They keep us warm in winter,' answered Doris.
我們在冬天穿起來很暖和。”桃瑞絲說道。
'You're not greedy, I like you very much.
“你們不貪婪,我很喜歡你們。
I hope other people will learn from you, I wish you happiness and health forever,' said the Fairy.
我希望其他人從你們身上學到很多東西,我祝你們永遠快樂健康。”仙女說。
Then she disappeared.
然后她就消失不見了。