Hi, I'm Mike. I'm from the United States.
嗨,我是邁克。我來自美國。
Welcome to our class, Mike. We're happy to meet you.
歡迎到我們的班級來,邁克。。我們很高興見到你。
Can you tell me a bit more about China?
你們能告訴我關于中國更詳細的情況嗎?
Sure! Did you know that China is one of the oldest countries in the world? It's over 5,000 years old.
當然!你知道中國是世界上最古老的國家之一么?它有著五千多年的歷史。
Yes, I did. It's much older than my country—in fact, the United States is one of the youngest countries in the world. It's not even 300 years old.
是的,我知道。比我們的國家更加歷史悠久—事實上,美國是世界上最年輕的國家之一。歷史甚至不足三百年。
And China has the biggest population, too. It's a lot bigger than the population of the United States.
并且中國也是人口最多的國家。比美國人口要多得多。
But China is about the same size as the US, right?
但是中國和美國一樣大,對么?
Yes, and it's the biggest country in Asia. We also have some famous rivers. The Yangtze River is the longest river in Asia. It's about 6,300 kilometers long.
是的,中國是亞洲最大的國家。我們還有一些著名的河流。長江是亞洲最長的河流。約有6300千米長。
Wow! I didn't know that. I thought the Yellow River was longer.
哇!我還不知道呢。我以為黃河更長。
No, the Yellow River is 5,464 kilometers long. But both rivers are very important to China.
并不是,黃河有5464千米長。但是兩條都是中國非常重要的河流。