Hansel and Gretel
《韓賽爾與格雷特》
Hansel and Gretel lived near a forest with their father and stepmother. One year, the weather was so dry that no food would grow.
韓賽爾和格雷特與父親和繼母住在森林附近。有一年,氣候十分干燥,糧食根本無法生長。
The wife told her husband that unless he left the children to die in the forest, the whole family would die.
妻子于是跟丈夫說,我們這一家都會餓死,除非先讓孩子們在森林里死去。
Gretel heard this, and Hansel made a plan to save himself and his sister.
格雷特得知消息后,便和韓賽爾制定了一個拯救自己和妹妹的計劃。
SCENE ONE
情景一
Did you hear our stepmother planning to kill us?
你聽到我們的繼母要殺害我們的話了嗎?
Don't worry! I have a plan to save us.
別擔心!我有辦法。
How can you save us?
你怎么救我們?
Be quiet! I'm going outside to get something in the moonlight. Now, go to sleep.
小點聲兒!我一會出去趁著月色拿點東西。現在去睡覺吧。
SCENE TWO
情景二
Get up, lazy children!
快起床!你們這些懶孩子!
Yes, dears. You must come with me to the forest to get wood.
親愛的孩子們,你們必須和我一起去森林里取木頭。
Here's some bread. Don't eat it until you get to the forest.
這里有些面包。你們到了森林之后再吃吧。
SCENE THREE
情景三
Hansel, what are you doing?
韓賽爾,你在干什么?
I'm dropping white stones along the way. Unless I do, we'll be lost.
我在扔白色的石頭。要不然,我們會迷路的。
Tonight, when the moon is shining bright, we'll be able to see the stones.
今晚當月亮變得明亮的時候,我們就可以看見這些石頭。
SCENE FOUR
情景四
You bad children! What a long time you slept in the forest!
你們這些不聽話的孩子!怎么在森林里睡了這么久?
We thought you were never coming back.
我們以為你們回不來了。
Now, go to bed. As soon as you wake up, you must go to the forest with your father.
現在趕緊去睡覺吧。等你們睡醒的時候,你們必須和爸爸一起去森林。
What, again? I want to go out to look at the moon.
什么?還去?可是我想出去看月亮。
No. You can't go out now.
不行。你現在不能出去。
SCENE FIVE
情景五
What can we do? You have no more stones.
我們怎么辦?你沒有石頭了。
I'll drop pieces of bread. As soon as he moon rises, we can follow them instead.
我會把面包扔在路上。當月亮升起的時候,我們跟著它走就可以了。
SCENE SIX
情景六
I can't see any bread on the ground. Maybe it was the birds.
地上的面包沒有了!可能是被鳥給吃了。
Never mind! Just keep walking. Unless we do, we won't find our way out.
沒關系!一直往前走就可以了。我們要是停下來的話,就找不到回去的路了。
SCENE SEVEN
情景七
Hansel, we're really lost!
韓賽爾!我們真的迷路了!
Listen! That bird's song is so beautiful that we should follow it.
聽!鳥兒叫的多么歡快,我們應該跟著它的叫聲走。
Look! It's leading us to that wonderful house made of bread, cake and candy.
快看!前面有一個由面包、蛋糕和糖果做成的屋子,鳥兒把我們帶到這兒了。這真不可思議。
Let's eat part of the house?
讓我們開吃吧!
(Then they hear an old woman's voice from inside the house.)
(然后他們聽見屋子里傳來一個老太太的聲音。 )
Who is that? Who is brave enough to tea my house?
外面是誰啊?誰這么大膽竟敢吃我的房子?