Dear Mr. Hunt,
敬愛的亨特先生
My problem is that I can't get on with my family. Relations between my parents have become difficult. They fight a lot, and I really don't like it.
我面臨的問題是我無法和我的家人和睦相處。父母之間的關系變得很緊張。他們經常吵架,我非常不喜歡這樣。
It's the only communication they have. I don't know if I should say anything to them about this.
吵架是他們唯一溝通的方式。我不知道我是否該跟他們談談。
When they argue, it's like a big, black cloud hanging over our home.
當他們開始吵架的時候,整個家里仿佛籠罩在一層厚厚的烏云下。
Also, my elder brother is not very nice to me. He always refuses to let me watch my favourite TV show.
還有,我的哥哥對我也不好。他總是不讓我看我喜歡的電視節目。
Instead he watches whatever he wants until late at night.
但是他卻想看什么就看什么,而且一直看到深夜。
I don't think this is fair. At home I always feel lonely and nervous. Is that normal? What can I do?
我認為這很不公平。我在家里總是感覺到孤獨和緊張。這樣正常嗎?我該怎么辦?
Sad and Thirteen
一位憂傷的13歲小朋友
Dear Sad and Thirteen,
親愛的憂傷的13歲小朋友
It's not easy being your age, and it's normal to have these feelings. Why don't you talk about these feelings with your family?
你在這個年齡遇到這樣的事情很不容易,而且你有這種感覺也很正常。為什么你不和你父母說說你的這些感受呢?
If your parents are having problems, you should offer to help.
如果你的父母出現了問題,你應該給他們提供幫助。
Maybe you could do more jobs around the house so that they have more time for proper communication.
你或許可以多做些家務,這樣他們有更多的時間進行適當地溝通。
Secondly, why don't you sit down and communicate with your brother?
其次,為什么你不能坐下來和你的哥哥好好談談呢?
You should explain that you don't mind him watching TV all the time.
你應該跟他解釋,你并不介意他一直看電視。
However, he should let you watch your favourite show. I hope things will be better for you soon.
但是他應該允許你看自己喜歡看的節目。我喜歡事情能夠早日得到解決。
Robert Hunt
羅伯特·亨特