(Jane is talking with her father before he goes to Cuba.)
(簡在她爸爸出發去古巴之前跟他聊天。)
Jane:Dad, why are you packing your bags?
簡:爸爸,你為什么在打包行李呀?
Father:I'm going to Cuba on business tonight. Here you seen my passport?
父親:我今晚要去古巴出差。你看到我的護照了嗎?
Jane:It's in your night table. Dad, is English spoken as the official language in Cuba?
簡:在你的床頭柜上。爸爸,古巴的官方語言是英語嗎?
Father:No, Spanish is spoken as the official language there.
父親:不是,西班牙語是官方語言。
Jane:Is Spanish similar to English?
簡:西班牙語跟英語很像嗎?
Father:Not really. Perhaps a few words are the same.
父親:不太像??赡苡行﹩卧~是一樣的。
Jane:Oh, I see. Is it possible for you to have trouble communicating?
簡:哦,我知道了。你的交流會有問題嗎?
Father:Yes. I don't think I will have any long conversations in Spanish. If necessary, I'll ask an interpreter for help.
父親:有。我應該不會用西班牙語進行長對話。如果有需要,我會向翻譯求助。
Jane:Will the interpreter explain to you the culture of the country?
簡:翻譯會跟你解釋那個國家的文化嗎?
Father:Of course. Understanding the language and the culture can help me work well.
父親:當然。了解語言和文化有助于我的工作。
Jane:Have a good trip. I wish you success!
簡:旅途愉快。祝你成功!