Interviewer: Who's your best friend, Molly?
采訪者:誰是你最好的朋友,莫莉?
Molly: Peter.
莫莉:彼得。
Interviewer: Why do you like him?
采訪者:你為什么喜歡他?
Molly: Because he likes to do the same things as I do. He's popular, too, and he's good at sports.
莫莉:因為他喜歡和我做同樣的事情。他也很受歡迎,而且他擅長運動。
Interviewer: So, is he different from you in any way?
采訪者:那么在一些方面他和你有什么不同嗎?
Molly: Well, yes. I like to study. I study harder than Peter. He plays baseball better than me.
莫莉:嗯,是的。我喜歡學習,我比彼得學習更努力。他打棒球比我好。
Interviewer: OK, I see ...
采訪者:好,我明白了……
Molly: Oh, and he speaks more loudly than me. I'm a little quieter. But I'd say we're both pretty outgoing.
莫莉:哦,而且他說話聲音比我大,我稍微文靜一點。但是我想說的是我們都很外向。
Interviewer: How about you, Mary? Who's your best friend?
采訪者:你呢,瑪麗?誰是你最好的朋友?
Mary: My best friend is Lisa.
瑪麗:我最好的朋友是莉薩。
Interviewer: What do you like about her?
采訪者:你認為她怎么樣?
Mary: Well, she's a good listener, and that's important to me.
瑪麗:嗯,她是個好的傾聽者,而且那對我很重要。
Interviewer: Is she a lot like you?
采訪者:她和你很像嗎?
Mary: Some people say we look similar. Were both tall, and we both have long, curly hair. But Lisa is quieter than me. I'm always talking. She's also smarter. I'm more outgoing.
瑪麗:有些人說我們看起來很像。我們倆都很高,而且都有長卷發。但是莉薩比我文靜多了,我老是滔滔不絕。她也更聰明些。我更外向。