Maria:What are you reading, Jane?
馬麗亞:你在讀什么,簡?
Jane:I'm reading a newspaper from Canada. Martin showed me an interesting article. It is about a program that helps homeless people.
簡:我在讀一份加拿大的報紙。馬丁給我看了一篇很有趣的文章。那是關于一個幫助無家可歸的人的項目。
Maria:Are there homeless people in Canada?
馬麗亞:加拿大有無家可歸的人嗎?
Jane:Oh, yes! Many countries has homeless people. The article says one city has a wonderful program. Since it started, it has helped hundreds of people return to work and live a normal life.
簡:哦,有!很多國家都有無家可歸的人。這篇文章說有座城市有一個很棒的項目。自它成立以來,已經幫助數百人恢復工作,過上了正常的生活。
Maria:That sounds great! How do they manage it?
馬麗亞:那聽起來很不錯呀!他們是怎么做到的?
Jane:Well, once they find people in need, they decide on suitable ways to offer them help.
簡:嗯,如果他們找到了需要幫助的人,他們會想出合適的方法來提供幫助。
Maria:Can the homeless people get enough food, homes and medical treatment?
馬麗亞:無家可歸的人們有食物、家和醫療服務嗎?
Jane:Yes. And it's not only that. The program also provides them with job training so that they can find jobs again.
簡:有。而且還不止這些。這個項目還給他們提供培訓,以便他們能再次找到工作。
Maria:I think it is important for these people to feel good about themselves.
馬麗亞:我覺得這些人能有自信是很重要的。
Jane:You are right. The world has changed for the better.
簡:是的。世界變得越來越好。