Peter left Miss Martin's classroom feeling like a loser.
彼得離開了馬丁小姐的教室,感覺就像是一個失敗者。
His teacher wrote a big "F" for "fail" on his English exam paper.
他的老師在他的英語試卷上寫了一個大大的“F”,代表不及格。
Krista, his friend, noticed him looking sad.
他的朋友克里斯塔,注意到了他看起來很傷心。
"What's wrong, Peter?" asked Krista.
“出了什么事,彼得?”克里斯塔問道。
"I just failed my English exam," replied Peter.
“我剛剛考試不及格,”皮特回答。
"I made too many spelling mistakes."
“我犯了太多的拼寫錯誤。”
"If I can spell, you can spell, too," said Krista.
“如果我會拼寫的,你也會拼寫,”克里斯塔說。
Peter didn't agree.
彼得不同意。
He came from Mexico.
他來自墨西哥。
English was not his first language.
英語并不是他的第一語言。
But Krista was not going to let Peter give up.
但是克里斯塔讓彼得不要放棄。
The next day, she gave Peter a book - The Top 500 Most Often Misspelled Words.
第二天,她給了彼得一本書——《最容易拼錯的500個單詞》。
"There are 125 days left before the end of the school year," said Krista.
“這學期還剩下125天,”克里斯塔說。
"Each day, you will learn how to spell four these words.
“每天,你都學習如何拼寫四個單詞。”
I am here to help you. OK?
我l來幫助你。好嗎?
Soon, you will master them all."
很快,你就會把它們全都掌握了。
Peter accepted the challenge.
彼得接受了挑戰。
He worked very hard, both by himself and with Krista.
每一天,他都刻苦地學習,不管是自己學習還是與克里斯塔一起學。
On the last day of school, Miss Martin stood in front of the class.
在這學期的最后一天,馬丁小姐站在班級前面。
She presented many awards that day,
那天她頒發了很多獎勵,
but she was excited to present one very award: the Most-Improved Student Award.
但是她很激動地頒發了一個特別的獎勵:最佳進步學生獎。
She gave it to Peter and said,
她將這個獎給了彼得并對他說,
"Your spelling was perfect in your last paper.
“在上一張試卷中你的拼寫非常完美。
I'm very proud of you.
"我為你感到驕傲。”
Peter felt so happy.
彼得感到非常開心。
After school, he told Krista the good news.
放學后,他把這個好消息告訴了克里斯塔。
"I made it!" he said.
“我做到了!”他說。
"It's all because of your help!
“這都是因為你的幫助!
Thank you so much!"
非常感謝你!”
"Good for you, Peter!
“干得好,彼得!
I am proud of you.
"我為你感到驕傲。”