Speaking
說
A. Talk time
A. 對話時間
Asking for agreement or confirmation
要求認同或確認
Question tags can be used to ask for agreement or confirmation.
疑問句尾可用于要求認同或確認。
We use a falling intonation when we are asking for agreement.
當我們要求(對方)認同時,我們用降調。
It's raining, isn't it?
下雨了,不是嗎?
It sure is! I've never seen it rain this hard before!
確實是!我之前根本沒有看出它要下雨!
We use a rising intonation when we are asking for confirmation.
當我們要求(對方)確認時,我們用升調。
It's raining, isn't it?
下雨了,是不是?
No. it isn't.
不,沒有下。
Read the conversation below and practice it in pairs. Pay attention to the intonation for the question tags.
閱讀下面的對話并結伴練習,注意疑問句尾的聲調。
Sam: Hi, Lily. You're got something new, haven't you?
Sam:你好,Lily。你得到了一些新的東西,是不是?
Lily: Yes, I have. It's a gift from my uncle-a book about the ancient Greeks. It looks interesting, doesn't it?
Lily:是的,的確。這是我叔叔給我的禮物--一本關于古希臘的書,它看起來很有趣,不是嗎?
Sam: Yes, it does, I love reading about people like Archimedes. I want to be a scientist like him in the future.
Sam:是的,確實如此,我喜歡閱讀關于如阿基米德這類人的書。我想未來成為像他那樣的科學家。
Lily: You're joking, aren't you? You never liked science before.
Lily:你在開玩笑,不是嗎?你向來不喜歡科學。
Sam: I've started to like it. You like science too, don't you?
Sam:我已經開始喜歡它了。你也喜歡科學,不是嗎?
Lily: Well, a little. Oh, I have to go to my club meeting, Bye.
Lily:嗯,有點。哦,我要去我的俱樂部開會了,再見。
Sam: Bye.
Sam:再見。