Look at this letter to a magazine and the reply from Robert Hunt, a school counselor.
看這封寄給一家雜志社的信和一個學校顧問羅伯特·亨特的回復。
Complete the chart.
完成表格。
Dear Mr. Hunt,
親愛的亨特先生:
My problem is that I can't get on with my family.
我的問題是我不能和我的家人和睦相處。
Relations between my parents have become difficult.
我父母之間的關系已經變得很不好了。
They fight a lot, and I really don't like it.
他們經常吵架,我真的不喜歡這樣。
It's the only communication they have.
而這是他們唯一的溝通方式。
I don't know if I should say anything to them about this.
我不知道我是否應該就這件事對他們說點兒什么。
When they argue, it's like a big, black cloud hanging over our home.
當他們爭吵的時候,屋里就像被一團龐大的黑云籠罩。
Also, my elder brother is not very nice to me.
還有,我哥哥對我也不是很好。
He always refuses to let me watch my favorite TV show.
他總是不讓我看我最喜歡的電視節目。
Instead he watches whatever he wants until late at night.
相反,晚上他卻可以看他想看的任何節目,一直看到很晚。
I don't think this is fair.
我認為這不公平。
At home I always feel lonely and nervous.
在家里我總是覺得孤獨和焦慮。
Is that normal? What can I do?
這正常嗎?我能做什么?
Sad and Thirteen
悲傷十三歲
Dear Sad and Thirteen,
親愛的悲傷十三歲:
It's not easy being your age, and it's normal to have these feelings.
在你這個年齡是不容易的,有這些感受是正常的。
Why don't you talk about these feelings with your family?
你為什么不和你的家人談談這些感受呢?
If your parents are having problems, you should offer to help.
如果你的父母遇到問題,你應該主動提供幫助。
Maybe you could do more jobs around the house so that they have more time for proper communication.
或許你可以在家里多做些事情,以便他們有更多的時間進行適當的交流。
Secondly, why don't you sit down and communicate with your brother?
其次,你為什么不坐下來和你的哥哥溝通呢?
You should explain that you don't mind him watching TV all the time.
你應該向他說明你不介意他總是看電視。
However, he should let you watch your favorite show.
但是,他應當讓你看你最喜歡的節目。
I hope things will be better for you soon.
我希望你的一切會很快好起來。
Robert Hunt
羅伯特·亨特
譯文為可可英語翻譯,未經授權請勿轉載!