Read the letters. Underline the rules for Molly.
讀下面兩封信。在給莫莉制定的規則下面劃線。
Dear Dr.Know,
親愛的知心博士,
There are too many rules! At 6:00 a.m., my mom says, "Get up now and make your bed!"
有太多的規則了!早上六點的時候,我媽媽說,“現在起床并鋪床!”
After breakfast, my mom always says, "Don't leave the dirty dishes in the kitchen!"
早飯后,我媽媽總是說,“別把臟碗留在廚房里!”
After that, I run to school because I can't be late.
之后,我跑著去學校,因為我不能遲到。
At school, we have more rules - don't be noisy, don't eat in class,...
在學校,我們有更多規則-不要吵鬧,不要在課堂上吃東西,……
My dad says I can't play basketball after school because I must do my homework.
我爸爸說我放學后不能打籃球,因為我得做我的家庭作業。
I can play only on weekends.
我只有在周末才能打籃球。
After dinner, I can't relax either.
晚飯后我也不能放松。
I must read a book before I can watch TV.
在我看電視前我得先看一本書。
But I have to go to bed before 10:00.
但是我必須在十點前上床睡覺。
Rules, rules, rules! It's terrible! What can I do, Dr. Know?
規則,規則,規則!真煩啊!我該怎么辦,知心博士?
Molly Brown, New York
莫莉·布朗,紐約
Dear Molly,
親愛的莫莉,
I know how you feel. People always tell us, "Don't do this!" or "You can't do that!"
我明白你的感受。人們總是告訴我們,"不要這樣做!"或者"你不能那樣做!"
But think about it, Molly. There are a lot of things you can do.
但是仔細想想,莫莉。有許多你可以做的事情。
You can play basketball on weekends.
你可以在周末打籃球。
You can watch TV after you read a book.
你可以在看完書后看電視。
Parents and schools are sometimes strict, but remember, they make rules to help us.
父母和學校有時候是嚴格的,但是記住,他們用規則來幫助我們。
We have to follow them.
我們得遵循這些規則。
Good luck!
祝你好運!
Dr. Know
知心博士