Everyone knows him as old Arthur.
每個人都叫他老亞瑟。
He lives in a little house in the middle of a small wood about a mile from the village.
他住在離村子有一公里遠的一個森林小屋里。
He visits the village store twice a week to buy some food.
他每周去鎮上的商店兩次,買些食物。
And sometimes he collects letters and his money from the post office.
有時他去郵局收信取錢。
A few weeks ago, a reporter from the local newspaper interviewed him.
幾周前,一個來自當地報社的記者采訪他。
This is what he said, "I get up every morning with the birds."
他這樣說道,“我每天早上和鳥兒相伴起床。
There is a river near my house, and I fetch water from there.
我家附近有一條小溪,我從那兒汲水。
It's good, clear, fresh water, better than you get in the city.
溪水是如此的清澈透亮,比你們在城市里喝的水品質要好得多。
Sometimes in the winter, I have to break the ice.
冬天是,我不得不破冰取水。
I cook simple food in the kitchen.
在廚房里,我烹制簡餐。
I go to the bar and have a drink once a month.
每個月,我回去一次酒吧喝點小酒。
But I don't see many people. I don't feel lonely.
我沒有很多訪客。我并不覺得孤獨。
I know this wood very well, you see.
你看,我對這片森林了如指掌。
I know all the little birds and animals that live here, and they know me.
我認識這片森林所有小鳥和動物,他們對我也十分了解。
I don't have much money but I don't need much.
我沒有什么錢,我也不需要什么錢。
I think I'm a lucky man.
我想我是一個幸運的人。”