The other woodcutter goes to the forest and finds the pond. He pretends to be chopping wood and throws his ax in the pond on purpose.
第二個砍柴人來到森林里,找到了那個池塘。他假裝砍柴,故意把斧頭丟進了池塘里。
woodcutter2:Now, I'll throw my ax in the pond. Whee!
砍柴人乙:現在,我要把斧頭丟進到池子里。嘻嘻!
Spirit appears.
精靈出現了。
spirit:Did you drop an ax in my pond?
精靈:是你把斧頭扔進了我的池塘里嗎?
woodcutter2:Yes, I did! Please help me! Find my ax for me!
砍柴人乙:對,是的!請幫助我吧!幫我找回斧頭!
spirit:Just wait here. I will find your ax.
精靈:你在這里等著,我會找回你的斧頭的。
The spirit disappears as before and comes out with three axes.
和上一次一樣,精靈消失在池塘里,然后帶著三把斧頭回來了。
spirit:Is this golden ax yours?
精靈:這把金斧頭是你的嗎?
woodcutter2:Oh, yes! That is mine! Thank you for finding it! Please give it to me now!
砍柴人乙:哦,是的!這是我的!謝謝你幫我找到它!現在請把它給我吧!
spirit:Are you sure? Look again.
精靈:你確定嗎?再看一下?
woodcutter2:Of course, I am sure. That's my ax.
砍柴人乙:當然了,我確定。這是我的斧頭。
The spirit shows him another ax.
精靈又讓他看了另一把斧頭。
spirit:Then how about this ax? Is this silver ax yours, too?
精靈:那么這把斧頭呢?這把銀斧頭也是你的嗎?
woodcutter2:Oh my goodness! That is also my ax, give it to me!
砍柴人乙:哦,天啊!這也是我的斧頭。把它給我吧!
spirit:This silver ax is yours? Then how about this iron ax?
精靈:這把銀斧頭也是你的?那么這把鐵斧頭呢?
The spirit shows the other woodcutter his real ax.
精靈把這個砍柴人自己的斧頭給他看了一下。
woodcutter2:No, no! That is not my ax. You can have that ax,old man. My axes are only made of gold and silver. Give me my axes!
砍柴人乙:不,不!這不是我的斧頭。你拿著吧。老先生。我的斧頭是用金子和銀子做的。把我的斧頭給我吧!
Suddenly, the whole forest turns dark, and thunder and lighting strikes.
突然,整個森林暗了下來,電閃雷鳴。
spirit:Go back to your village! You are a greedy man and also a terrible liar! Gome home now before you are punished!
精靈:回到你的村子里去吧!你是一個貪婪的人,還是一個可怕的騙子!在你受到懲罰之前,趕緊回家吧!
woodcutter2:Oh, no! Please forgive me! At least give back my iron ax!
砍柴人乙:哦,不!請原諒我!至少,把我的鐵斧頭還給我吧?
The spirit disappears into the pond without saying another word.
精靈什么也沒說,消失在了池塘里。
woodcutter2:I won't be greedy again! Please come back! Give me back my iron ax!
砍柴人乙:我不會再貪心了!請回來吧!把我的鐵斧頭還給我吧!
The other woodcutter kept pleading, but the spirit didn't come back. It was too late.
這個砍柴人不斷地哀求,可是精靈沒有回來。一切都太遲了。
woodcutter2:Now I have nothing. What shall I do? Boo-boo...
砍柴人乙:現在我什么都沒有了。我該怎么辦?嗚......嗚......
Moral:Honest and diligent men are rewarded and greedy men are punished.
寓言:誠實和勤奮的人終會得到獎勵,貪婪的人也會受到懲罰。