英語美文朗讀《向爸爸買一個小時》
To buy an hour from father
向爸爸買一個小時
A man came home from work late, tired and irritated to find his 5-year old son waiting for him at the door.
一個人工作到很晚,帶著疲憊與憤怒回到家里,卻發現5歲大的兒子正在門口等他。
"Daddy. May l ask you a question?'
爸爸,我可以問你一個問題嗎?"
"Yeah sure, what is it?" replied the man.
“當然,什么問題?”
"Daddy, how much do you make an hour?'
爸爸,你一個小時賺多少錢?"
"That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?" the man said angrily.
“這不關你的事。怎么問這樣一個問題?"父親生氣地說道。
"I just want to know. Please tell me how much do you make an hour?"pleaded the little boy.
“我只是想知道,請告訴我吧,你一個小時賺多少錢?"小男孩乞求地說。
"lf you must know,I make $20 an hour!'
真想知道就告訴你吧,我一小時賺20美元。”
"Oh," the little boy replied with his head down.Looking up he said"Daddy may I please borrow $10?"
“噢,”男孩說著,低下了頭。接著,他抬起頭來問:"爸爸,我可以借你10美元錢嗎?"
The father was furious "If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense
父親生氣了:“如果你問這個問題,只是為了借錢買無聊的玩具或其他沒用的東西
then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed.Think about why you are being so selfish.I work hard everyday for this childish behavior."
那就趕緊回你的房間睡覺去。想想你怎么會這么自私。我每天工作這么辛苦,得到的竟是這樣幼稚愚蠢的舉動。
The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions.
小男孩靜靜地走進自己的房間,關上了門。這個人坐下后,更加為這個男孩的問題生氣了。
How dare he ask such questions only to get some money? After about an hour or so
這孩子怎么敢問這樣的問題,就為了借些錢呢?大約過了一個小時,
the man had calmed down and started to think: Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $10 and he really didn't ask for money very often.
他才平靜下來了,開始想: 也許他真的需要這10美元買什么東西呢,他并不是經常要錢花。
The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.
于是這個人走到小男孩的門口,打開了門。
"Are you asleep son?" He asked'
你睡了嗎,孩子?"他問。
"No daddy, I'm awake" replied the boy
“沒有呢,爸爸。我醒著,"男孩回答。
"I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier" said the man " It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you.
“我在想,可能剛才我對你太嚴厲了,” 父親說,“經過漫長的一天,我把怒氣都發到你身上了。
Here's the $10 you asked for."
這是你要的10美元。
The little boy sat straight up, smiling."Oh thank you daddy!" He yelled.
小男孩坐直了身子,笑了:“噢,謝謝爸爸!"他忍不住呼喊起來。
Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills.
The man seeing that the boy already had money started to get angry again.
接著,他伸手到枕頭底下,拿出一把皺巴巴的鈔票。
看到男孩已經有錢了,父親又忍不住要發火。
The little boy slowly counted out his money, then looked up at his father.
小男孩慢慢地數著錢,然后抬頭看著父親。
"Why do you want more money if you already have some?" the father grumbled.
“既然你已經有錢了,為什么還要更多錢?”父親粗魯地抱怨說。
"Because I didn't have enough but now l do"the little boy replied.
“因為我的錢不夠,不過現在夠了,”小男孩回答,
"Daddy, I have $20 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you."
“爸爸,我現在有20美元了,我可以買你一小時的時間嗎?請你明天早點下班,我想和你一起吃晚飯。"
微信公眾號:英語美文朗讀 孟叔的微博:孟飛Phoenix 孟叔的抖音:184302945