Harry picked up the letter. It was addressed to him.
哈利撿起了信,是寫給他的,
He ripped open the letter, and shouted, “It's from Sirius!”
他拆開信,大聲說道:“是西里斯?!?/div>
“What?” said Ron and Hermione excitedly. “Read it aloud!”
“什么?”羅恩和荷米恩興奮的說,“念出來?!?/div>
Dear Harry, I hope this finds you before you reach your aunt and uncle.
親愛的哈利:我希望這只獵頭鷹能在你見到你姨丈和姨媽之前找到你。
I don't know whether they're used to owl post.
我不知道他們是否可以適應貓頭鷹郵件。
Buckbeak and I are in hiding. I won't tell you where, in case this owl falls into the wrong hands.
畢克碧和我藏得很好。我不會告訴你我們在哪兒以防這封信落到別人手里。
I have some doubt about his reliability, but he is the best I could find, and he did seem eager for the job.
我有點懷疑這只貓頭鷹的可信賴性。但是,它是我能夠找到的最好的,而且它對這份工作很熱心。
I believe the Dementors are still searching for me, but they haven't a hope of finding me here.
我相信得蒙特仍然在搜尋我,但是他們根本沒希望找到我。
I am planning to allow some Muggles to glimpse me soon, a long way from Hogwarts,
我正打算讓一些馬格人不久以后見見我,在距離霍格瓦徹很遠的地方,
so that the security on the castle will be lifted.
以便城堡的安全得以保證。
There is something I never got around to telling you during our brief meeting.
這里還有一件事我一直無法在我們短促的相見中告訴你。
It was I who sent you the Firebolt —
是我給你的霹靂——
“Ha!” said Hermione triumphantly. “See! I told you it was from him!”
“哈!”荷米恩得意地說。“我就知道,我告訴過你,它是來自他那兒的!”
“Yes, but he hadn't jinxed it, had he?” said Ron. “Ouch!”
“是的,但是他做得不錯,不是嗎?”羅恩說,“哎喲。”
The tiny owl now hooting happily in his hand, had nibbled one of his fingers in what it seemed to think was an affectionate way.
那只小貓頭鷹,高興地在他的手中來叫著,啄著他的手指,好像對它來說那是一種親近他的方法。
Crookshanks took the order to the Owl Office for me.
克路殊克替我把定單帶到辦公室去的,
I used your name but told them to take the gold from my own Gringotts vault number seven hundred and eleven — my own.
我用了你的名字,但是告訴他們到格林高斯銀行圓屋頂的第七百一十一個橫條處去取金子——我自己的。
重點單詞 | 查看全部解釋 | |||
castle | ['kɑ:sl] |
想一想再看 n. 城堡 |
||
haven | ['heivn] |
想一想再看 n. 港口,避難所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中, |
聯想記憶 | |
reliability | [ri.laiə'biliti] |
想一想再看 n. 可靠性 |
||
vault | [vɔ:lt] |
想一想再看 n. 窖,地下室,撐竿跳 vt. 做成圓拱形,撐竿跳躍 |
聯想記憶 | |
security | [si'kju:riti] |
想一想再看 n. 安全,防護措施,保證,抵押,債券,證券 |
||
affectionate | [ə'fekʃənit] |
想一想再看 adj. 情深的,充滿情愛的 |
聯想記憶 |