These are the choices I'm talking about and this is the beauty of delayed gratification.
這些就是我所談的選擇,這就是延遲享樂的好處。
Tee yourself up. Do yourself a favor.
做好準備,幫助自己。
Make the choices, the purchases today that pay you back tomorrow.
只做那些未來給你回報的選擇和努力。
Residuals, in my business, we call it "mailbox money".
在我們這行里,電影復映追加酬金被稱為“郵箱錢”。
If I do my job well today, and that movie keeps re-running on TV,
如果我今天干得好,拍出的影片一直在電視上反復播出,
five years from now I'm getting checks in the mailbox. It's a heck of a deal.
那么五年后我的郵箱里還會收到支票。這劃算極了。
So, whether its prepping the coffee maker the night before so all you gotta do is press the button in the morning,
所以,頭天晚上準備好咖啡機,第二天早上需要做的就是按下按鈕;
or getting ready for the job interview early so you don't have to cram the night before,
早早為工作面試做好準備,就不必在前一天晚上臨時抱佛腳;
or choosing not to hook up with that married woman
不要選擇和那個已婚婦女搭訕,
because you know you're gonna feel horrible about tomorrow and her husband carries a gun.
因為你知道明天會感覺很糟糕,而且她丈夫將拿著槍來找你。
Or paying your debts on time so that when you do see that guy three rows back tonight
記得及時還債,那樣當你今晚看到坐在你三排之后的那個人時,
you don't have to hunker down in your seat hoping he don't see you.
你就不必縮在椅子里希望他不要看見你。
Get some R.O.I. You know what that is? Return on investment.
你們要有R.O.I.。你們知道那是什么吧?投資回報率。
Your investment. You customize your future. Don't leave crumbs.
你們自己的投資,建構你們自己的未來。不要留下麻煩。