I had already gained the door; but, reader, I walked back -- walked back as determinedly as I had retreated.
我已經走到了門邊,可是讀者呀,我走了回來--像我退出時一樣堅決地走了回來。
I knelt down by him; I turned his face from the cushion to me;
我跪倒在他旁邊,我把他的臉從沙發墊轉向我,
I kissed his cheek; I smoothed his hair with my hand.
我吻了吻他的臉頰,用手把他的頭發擼服貼。
"God bless you, my dear master!" I said.
“上帝祝福你,我親愛的主人,”我說。
"God keep you from harm and wrong -- direct you, solace you -- reward you well for your past kindness to me."
“上帝會保護你免受傷害,免做錯事--指引你,安慰你--好好地報答你過去對我的好意。”

"Little Jane's love would have been my best reward," he answered; "without it, my heart is broken.
“小簡的愛將是我最好的酬報,”他回答說:“沒有它,我會心碎。
But Jane will give me her love: yes -- nobly, generously."
但簡會把她的愛給我,是的--既高尚又慷慨。”
Up the blood rushed to his face; forth flashed the fire from his eyes; erect he sprang; he held his arms out;
血一下子涌到了我臉上,他的眼睛射出了火光。他猛地一跳,站直了身子,伸出雙臂。
but I evaded the embrace, and at once quitted the room.
但我躲開了擁抱,立刻走出了房間。
"Farewell!" was the cry of my heart as I left him. Despair added, "Farewell for ever!"
“別了,”我離開他時我的心兒在叫喊。絕望又使我加了一句話,“永別了。”