Conversation A
對話A
Susie: What are you doing this weekend, Alex?
蘇西:阿萊克斯,你這周末打算做什么?
Alex: Nothing much. Why?
阿萊克斯:沒什么。怎么了?
Susie: Well, there's a youth hockey tournament here this weekend. Can you help me report on it?
蘇西:恩,這周末有一場青少年冰球錦標賽。你能幫我報道一下嗎?
Alex: I guess so. But I don't know anything about hockey.
阿萊克斯:應該可以。但是我對冰球根本不了解。
Susie: That's OK. You can learn about the sport this week. You have until Saturday.
蘇西:沒問題。你可以這周了解一下這項運動。到星期六前都可以。
Alex: Is hockey a fun sport?
阿萊克斯:冰球是一項有趣的運動嗎?
Susie: Yes! It's very exciting!
蘇西:是的!非常刺激!
Conversation B
對話B
Alex: Hey, Rob. Do you know anything about hockey?
阿萊克斯:嗨,羅布。你對冰球有所了解嗎?
Rob: Do you mean ice hockey? Sure. It's a fun sport to watch. But it's dangerous to play.
羅布:你是說冰上曲棍球嗎?當然了。對于觀看而言這是一項很有趣的運動。但是打起來就很危險了。
Alex: Why is it dangerous?
阿萊克斯:為什么會危險呢?
Rob: The players hit a puck with sticks. The puck goes over 90 miles an hour.
羅布:運動員是用棍子來打冰球。冰球的時速可以超過90英里。
Alex: So if the puck hits you, it hurts.
阿萊克斯:所以如果冰球砸到你,就會受傷。
Rob: Yes. And the players hit each other, too. Hockey is a rough sport.
羅布:是的。而且運動員也會相互擊打。冰球是一項粗野的運動。