The children came running in. It was three feet off the ground, and they said, "What is this?"
孩子們跑了進來。電腦離地面有3英尺,他們問:“這是什么?”
And I said, "Yeah, it's, I don't know. So..."
我說:“唔,這是……我不知道?!?/div>
?
They said, "Why have you put it there?"
他們問:“為什么你把它放在那兒?”
I said, "Just like that."
我說:“就那樣?!?/div>
And they said, "Can we touch it?"I said, "If you wish to."
然后他們說:“我們可以摸一下嗎?”我說:“如果你們愿意的話?!?/div>
And I went away. About eight hours later, we found them browsing and teaching each other how to browse.
然后我走開了。大概過了8小時以后,我發現他們在上網沖浪并相互教對方如何瀏覽網頁。
So I said, "Well that's impossible, because -- How is it possible? They don't know anything."
于是我說:“這不可能,因為……這怎么可能?他們什么都不知道?!?/div>
My colleagues said, "No, it's a simple solution. One of your students must have been passing by, showed them how to use the mouse."
我同事說:“不,答案很簡單。一定是你哪個學生經過,給他們演示了如何使用鼠標?!?/p>
So I said, "Yeah, that's possible."
于是我說:“對,那有可能。”
So I repeated the experiment.
我于是重復了這個實驗。
I went 300 miles out of Delhi into a really remote village where the chances of a passing software development engineer was very little.
我跑去離開德里300英里的一個偏遠的村子,在這里,偶然路過一個軟件開發工程師的概率極低。
I repeated the experiment there.
我就在那里重復了實驗。
There was no place to stay, so I stuck my computer in, I went away, came back after a couple of months, found kids playing games on it.
那里沒有地方能讓我住下來,所以我裝好電腦就走了,幾個月之后才回來,我發現幾個小孩在上面玩游戲。

- 閱讀本文的人還閱讀了: