地點:中央公園咖啡館
人物:羅斯,查理,喬伊,瑞秋,錢德勒
事件:羅斯被選中在國際古生物學研討會上擔任主要演講者,他邀請老友們都出席。
Ross: Guess who's up for keynote speaker at the National Paleontology Conference?
羅斯:猜猜誰被選出來在全國古生物學研討會上擔任主要演講者?
Charlie: Umh... Kurts Baley?
查理:嗯……克茨·百利?
Ross: Yeah, right! What was last time he met a submission deadline for an abstract? Well, why are you laughing?
羅斯:才怪!他什么時候在最后期限前提交過摘要?你在笑什么?
Joey: Just... seeing what it'd be like to be a paleontologist... it's fun, yeah!
喬伊:只是……感受古生物學家是個什么樣子……這很有趣!
Charlie: So you're up for keynote speaker! Who's making the decisions?
查理:所以你被選上當主要演講者!是誰決定的?
Ross: Professor Sherman, yeah. I've a meeting with him today.
羅斯:佘曼教授,我今天要跟他開會。
Charlie: He's a pretty tough guy to impress.
查理:他是個很難去說服的人。
Ross: Yeah, well... I think I know how to dazzle him.
羅斯:嗯……我想我知道該如何唬住他。
Rachel: Oh... you're not gonna do a magic trick, are ya?
瑞秋:哦……你該不會要變魔術吧?
Ross: Tsz... No!
羅斯:嘖……當然不會!
Chandler: Hey guys!
錢德勒:嘿,大伙!
Ross: Wait a minute, you guys. Oh, I wanna ask you something. I-I-I may get to speak at this paleontology convention and if I do, I'd love for you guys to come and hear me.
羅斯:大伙,等一下。哦,我想問你們一件事。我,我,我可能會在古生物學會議中演講,而如果我能選上的話,我希望你們都能來聽。
Chandler: I think I can safely say that we all have family issues, work stuff and/or are sick.
錢德勒:我想,我只能保守地說,我們全部都會有些家庭方面的問題,工作上的事情,或生病的問題。
Ross: It's in Barbados.
羅斯:在巴巴多斯。
Chandler: But you come first!
錢德勒:但你永遠都是第一位的!