It's five o'clock and it's quitting time.
現在是下午五點,該下班了。
I put a few files into my bag, grab my mug, and say goodnight to the rest of the people in my area.
我把一些文件裝入包中,拿上馬克杯,向我部門里剩下的人道了晚安。
I go to the parking garage and get into my car.
我走到停車場,然后上了車。
I signal my turn onto the street and drive toward the freeway onramp.
我打開轉向燈,開上了大街,然后開向高速公路匝道。
I merge as best as I can onto the freeway, which is always a bit of a hassle at this hour.
我盡可能地并入高速公路,在這個點時總會有點麻煩。
Traffic is stop-and-go all the way from downtown.
離開市區的路上交通非常緩慢。
I hear on the radio that there's a stalled car in fast lane near La Brea, backing up traffic all the way to Hoover.
我從廣播上得知,靠近拉布雷阿街的快車道上有一輛車子拋錨了,一直堵到胡佛街。
I decide to get off the freeway and to take surface streets for the rest of the trip.
我決定開下高速公路,走普通的道路。
I need to make a stop on the way home.
我需要在回家的路上停一停。
I know that the fridge is empty, so I decide to stop by the market.
因為我知道冰箱里沒有食物了,所以我決定在超級市場那停一下車。
I get there and I pick up some French bread, a bag of apples, a few bananas, some pasta, tomato sauce, and a cooked chicken.
我到那里后,拿了一些法國面包、一袋蘋果、一些香蕉、一些意大利面、番茄醬和熟雞肉。
Luckily, they have a lot of checkout stands open, and I get through the line pretty quickly.
所幸的是,他們的很多收銀臺都開放了,所以我很快就結了賬。
I thank the cashier and the bagger and push my cart to my car.
我跟收銀員和裝袋工道了謝,然后把購物車推到了我車子旁邊。
I open the trunk and load everything up.
我打開后備箱并把所有東西都裝了進去。
Just then my wife calls me on my cell phone.
就在這時,我妻子給我打了個電話。
She was going to be a little late getting home and asks me to make something for dinner.
她要晚一點回家,叫我自己做晚餐吃。
Tonight, I will be the cook.
今晚,我要親自下廚。
譯文為可可英語翻譯,未經授權請勿轉載!