I am encouraging women to address the chicken, but I fully support those who are focusing on the egg.
我既鼓勵那些忙于前者的女性,也完全支持那些為后者而努力的女性。
Internal obstacles are rarely discussed and often underplayed.
實際上,女性內在障礙的影響很少被談及,而且常常被人們一筆帶過。
Throughout my life, I was told over and over about inequalities in the workplace and how hard it would be to have a career and a family.
在我的職業生涯中,我總是聽到女性談論工作環境中的男女是如何不平等、事業與家庭如何難以兼顧等。
I rarely heard anything, however, about the ways I might hold myself back.
不過,我卻很少聽到讓她們猶豫不前的原因。
These internal obstacles deserve a lot more attention, in part because they are under our own control.
這些內在的障礙理應得到更多重視,因為這是我們可以控制的因素。
We can dismantle the hurdles in ourselves today. We can start this very moment.
如今,我們可以卸下內心的包袱,我們現在就可以開始行動。
I never thought I would write a book.
我從沒想過自己會寫書。
I am not a scholar, a journalist, or a sociologist.
我不是學者、記者或社會學家,
But I decided to speak out after talking to hundreds of women, listening to their struggles, sharing my own,
但我曾與許多女性交談、了解并分享我們彼此的糾結,
and realizing that the gains we have made are not enough and may even be slipping.
認識到我們的收入并不充裕甚至還在下滑,因此我決定坦率地表達心聲。
The first chapter of this book lays out some of the complex challenges women face.
本書第1章列舉了女性面對的挑戰,
Each subsequent chapter focuses on an adjustment or difference that we can make ourselves:
此后每章集中談論一個我們所能做出的調整或改變,包括:
increasing our self-confidence ("Sit at the Table"), getting our partners to do more at home ("Make Your Partner a Real Partner"),
增強自信(“往桌前坐”),讓我們的伴侶多分擔些家務(讓你的另一半成為真正的“人生搭檔”),
not holding ourselves to unattainable standards ("The Myth of Doing It All").
而不是勉強自己去達到難以實現的標準(“全能女人”是個神話)。
I do not pretend to have perfect solutions to these deep and complicated issues.
我不會夸口我能提供完美的方案來解決這些深刻而復雜的問題,
I rely on hard data, academic research, my own observations, and lessons I have learned along the way.
我所依賴的是學術研究成果、真實的數據、自己的觀察以及多年來的經驗教訓。