Dialogue 1
Mark: Hi, Jingjing. You seem to have a good energy about you today—I mean, even better than usual.
馬克:嗨,京晶,你看起來今天活力滿滿,我是說,比平時狀態還好呢。
Jingjing: Can you guess the reason?
京晶:你能猜下原因嗎?
Mark: Well, I'd rather not take a shot in the dark. How about you just tell me?
馬克:嗯,我寧愿不亂猜。你直接告訴我怎么樣?
Jingjing: I joined a gym, and have been going there several times a week.
京晶:我加入了一個健身房,一周去幾次。
Mark: That's great, and kind of a coincidence too.
馬克:那很好啊!有點巧合
Jingjing: How do you mean?
京晶:這是什么意思?
Mark: I joined a gym also. The bad thing is I haven't been going there much.
馬克:我也加入了一個健身房。不好的是,我并沒有去得太多。
Jingjing: Even if you go once or twice a week, it's much better than nothing.
京晶:即使你一周去個一兩次也比不去強。
Mark: Yeah, but I've only been going once a week. And, last week, I didn't go at all.
馬克:是啊。但是我最近一周只去一次。還有,上一周,完全沒去。
Jingjing: Yikes. Do you enjoy going, when you make it there?
京晶:哎呀媽呀!你去健身的時候,你享受這個過程嗎?
Mark: Yeah, actually, I have a good time once I drag myself out there.
馬克:享受啊。事實上,一旦我把自己拖到健身房,我還練得很愉快。
Jingjing: Well, I hope to hear good news next time we see each other, that you've gone a few more times.
京晶:好吧,我希望下次我們見面的時候我能聽到好消息,那就是,你已經多去了幾次。
Mark: That'll motivate me to get off the sofa.
馬克:那會激勵我離開沙發!
Jingjing: Ha ha. I'll bet!
京晶:哈哈,肯定!
New words: 習語短語
a shot in the dark 隨便猜測
(to take a guess, without knowing enough)
coincidence 巧合
(two very similar things happening at the same time)
better than nothing 還行,總比沒有好
(good, but not as good as possible)
drag (someone or oneself) 拖一個不情愿的人去某地或做某事
(to get a reluctant person to go somewhere)
Dialogue 2
Mark and Jingjing meet up later in the week.
馬克和京晶一周晚些時候又見面了
Mark: Jingjing, could you push that chair over to me? I wanna put my bag down on it.
馬克:京晶,你能把這把椅子推給我嗎?我想把我的袋子放在上面。
Jingjing: Mark, don't tell me you're that weak; you can't even get a chair that's closer to you than it is to me.
馬克:馬克,你可別告訴我你已經虛弱不堪了,你甚至都拿不到一把離你比離我還近的椅子了。
Mark: No no, it's not that.
馬克:不不,不是那樣的。
Jingjing: Did you make it to the gym?
京晶:你去健身房了嗎?
Mark: I did, but only yesterday.
馬克:去了,不過只是昨天。
Jingjing: Let me guess: you're sore now.
京晶:讓我猜猜,你今天渾身酸痛吧?
Mark: That's the long and short of it. I felt so bad about going for almost two weeks without a workout that I overdid it.
馬克:可以說一言以蔽之吧。去健身房快兩周了還沒開始練,一練就過頭了,感覺真不好。
Jingjing: Ha ha. That's why it's good to go to the gym more often.
京晶:哈哈,這就是為什么要經常去健身房鍛煉。
Mark: Yeah, I really need to follow your example and hit the gym several times a week.
馬克:是啊,我真的需要以你為范例,一周多去幾次健身房。
Jingjing: Well, I shouldn't have bragged last time. I hope it didn't make you feel bad.
京晶:那個,我上周也不應該吹牛。希望我沒有讓你感覺太糟糕。
Mark: Naw, I only feel bad because I tried to make up for lost time.
馬克:并沒有。我唯一感到不快的是因為試圖彌補那些浪費的時間。
Jingjing: Maybe we can compare notes next time.
京晶:也許我們下次可以互相分享一些想法。
Mark: Sounds good. I could use some pointers.
馬克:聽上去不錯。我也可以用到一些忠告。
Jingjing: Cool. Don't forget to remind me.
京晶:好極了。別忘了提醒我哦
New words: 習語短語
Make it (there) 按計劃到達某地
(go somewhere as planned)
sore 肌肉酸痛的
(dull bodily pain, muscle pain, usually from heavy or improper exercise)
the long and short of it 總之,大意,一言以蔽之
(the main idea of a story, the summary or conclusion)
overdo something 過度做某事
(to do too much of an activity, so that it's harmful)
hit 去某地
(go to)
compare notes 分享想法 看法
(share ideas)
pointers 建議
(pieces of advice)