We're not at this world yet, but it's coming.
那樣的世界還未到來,但很快就能實現。
Right now, it's like we're in a world that is seeing the first automobile.
現在的狀況就類似于當初汽車的首次亮相。
The first cryptocurrency, like the first car, is slow and hard to understand and hard to use.
首次出現的加密貨幣就像那第一輛汽車,速度慢、令人費解,也不好操作。
Digital money, like the horse and carriage, works pretty well, and the whole world economy is built on it.
數字貨幣就像馬匹和馬車,現如今依舊運行得很好,整個世界的經濟也基于數字貨幣。
If you were the first person on your block to get a car with an internal combustion engine,
如果你是你們街區第一個擁有內燃發動機的汽車的人,
your neighbors would probably think you were crazy:
周圍的鄰居可能都會認為你瘋了:
"Why would you want this large, clunky machine that breaks down all the time, that lights on fire,
為什么你會用那樣龐大笨重的機器,還總是出現故障或者著起火來,
and is still slower than a horse?" But we all know how that story turns out.
速度也不如馬車快?但我們都知道后面發生了什么。
We're entering a new era of programmable money.
我們正步入一個程序化貨幣的時代。
And it's very exciting, but it's also a little bit scary.
這很振奮人心,但也有點令人驚慌。
Cryptocurrencies can be used for illegal transactions, just like cash is used for crime in the world today.
加密貨幣也能夠用于非法交易,就像現在的現金犯罪一樣。
When all of our transactions are online, what does that mean for surveillance -- who can see what we do?
如果我們所有的交易都在網上進行,誰能成為監管者呢?
Who's advantaged in this new world and who isn't?
在那樣的新世界,誰能獲利,誰又不能呢?
Will I have to start to pay for things that I didn't have to pay for before?
我需要支付一些我現在并不需要支付的項目嗎?
Will we all become slaves to algorithms and utility functions?
我們都會成為算法和應用函數的奴隸嗎?
All new technology comes with trade-offs.
新技術的應用都需要我們舍棄一些東西。
The Internet brought us a lot of ways to waste time. But it also greatly increased productivity.
互聯網提供了各種各樣浪費時間的方式。但它同時也大幅度提高了生產率。
Mobile phones are annoying because they make me feel like I have to stay connected to work all the time.
手機也有利弊,我不得不無時無刻地關注外面的狀況。
But they also help me stay connected to friends and family.
但它同時也讓我和家人朋友保持聯系。
The new sharing economy is going to eliminate some jobs.
新的共享經濟也會限制一些工種。
But it's also going to create new, flexible forms of employment.
但它也會建立起一個新興靈活的雇傭形式。
With programmable money, we decouple the need for large, trusted institutions from the architecture of the network.
程序貨幣,打破了我們和龐大的網絡安全保障機構之間的聯系。
And this pushes innovation in money out to the edges, where it belongs. Programmable money democratizes money.
也能推動貨幣革新,突破它的范圍限制,程序貨幣使得貨幣變得民主化。
And because of this, things are going to change and unfold in ways that we can't even predict. Thank you.
事物甚至會以我們不能預測的方式改變和呈現出來。謝謝大家!