In 1983, Mrs. B cashed in on her business by selling control for 55 million dollars
1983年 B女士通過將公司控制權以550萬美元賣給沃倫巴菲特
to a company owned by investor Warren Buffett.
控股的公司大賺一筆
Warren was quite an expert about newspapers.
沃倫是報紙行業的專家
He got interested in the "Post,"
他對華盛頓郵報有所興趣
because he recognized it as a greatly undervalued company.
因為他覺得這是一家估值偏低的公司
He had to write me a letter.
他要給我些一封信
Dear Ms. Graham, I've just bought 5% of your company,
親愛的格拉漢姆女士 我購買了你公司5%的股份
and I mean you no harm,and I think it's a great company.
我不會對你造成傷害 我認為這是一個好公司
I know it's Graham owned and Graham run,and that's fine with me.
我知道只是格拉漢姆擁有并運營的 那對我來說很好
And I thought, Whoa,this guy's really terrific.
我想 這人真是好
He used to come to board meetings with about 20 annual reports
他過去經常拿著20份年報來參加董事會議
and he would take me through these annual reports.
他會帶我看這些年報
It was like going to business school with Warren Buffett.
就像和沃倫巴菲特一起去商學院
Kay Graham did introduce Warren to the world of Washington,
凱·格拉漢姆把沃倫巴菲特介紹給了華盛頓政界
entirely different group than he had ever dealt with before.
那和他之前接觸的人群完全不一樣