They began to talk.
他們開始交談。
Their conversation eased me completely: frivolous, mercenary, heartless, and senseless.
兩人的談話使我完全安心了,輕浮淺薄、唯利是圖、冷酷無情、毫無意義。
It was rather calculated to weary than enrage a listener.
叫人聽了厭煩,而不是憤怒。
A card of mine lay on the table.
桌上放著我的一張名片。
This being perceived, brought my name under discussion.
他們一看見便談論起我來了。
Neither of them possessed energy or wit to belabour me soundly,
兩人都沒有能力和智慧狠狠痛斥我,
but they insulted me as coarsely as they could in their little way.
而是耍盡小手段,粗魯地侮辱我。
Especially Celine, who even waxed rather brilliant on my personal defects, deformities she termed them.
尤其是塞莉納,甚至夸大其詞地對我進行人身攻擊,把我的缺陷說成殘疾。
Now it had been her custom to launch out into fervent admiration of what she called my 'beaute male'.
而以前她卻慣于熱情贊美她所說我的“beaute male”。
Where in she differed diametrically from you,
在這一點上,你與她全然不同,
who told me point-blank, at the second interview, that you did not think me handsome.
我們第二次見面時,你直截了當地告訴我,你認為我長得不好看。
The contrast struck me at the time and...
當時兩者的反差給我留下了深刻印象。
Adèle here came running up again.
這時阿黛勒又奔到了他跟前。
Monsieur, John has just been to say that your agent has called and wishes to see you.
先生,約翰剛才過來說,你的代理人來了,希望見你。
Ah! in that case I must abridge.
噢!那樣我就只好從簡了。
Opening the window, I walked in upon them, liberated Celine from my protection, gave her notice to vacate her hotel,
我打開落地窗,朝他們走去,解除了對塞莉納的保護,通知她騰出房子,
offered her a purse for immediate exigencies, disregarded screams, hysterics, prayers, protestations, convulsions,
給了她一筆錢以備眼前急用,不去理睬她的大哭小叫、歇斯底里、懇求、抗議和痙攣,
made an appointment with the vicomte for a meeting at the Bois de Boulogne.
跟那位子爵約定在布洛尼樹林決斗的時間。
Next morning I had the pleasure of encountering him,
第二天早晨,我有幸與他相遇,在他一條如同瘟雞翅膀那么弱不禁風的可憐的胳膊上,
left a bullet in one of his poor etiolated arms,
留下了一顆子彈,
feeble as the wing of a chicken in the pip, and then thought I had done with the whole crew.
隨后自認為我已了結同這伙人的關系。