1、work out
想出,得到(解決方法);解(謎)
Negotiators are due to meet later today to work out a compromise.
談判人員定于今天晚些時候進行會談,商定一個折中方案。
It took me some time to work out what was causing this.
我花了一些時間才弄清此事的起因。
計算出,解出(數學題答案)
It is proving hard to work out the value of bankrupt firms' assets.
清算破產公司的資產值其實很困難。
When asked what a 40.35 pounds meal for five people would cost each diner, they were unable to work it out.
問到5個人吃一頓飯花了40.35英鎊,每人要出多少錢時,他們算不出來。
(如期)發生;進展(順利)
Things just didn't work out as planned.
事情根本沒有按計劃進行。
I hope it will work out well.
我希望進展順利。
2、get out
逃離;被迫離開
They probably wanted to get out of the country.
他們或許想逃離這個國家。
I told him to leave and get out.
我叫他滾開。
退出(組織);撤銷(承諾)
I wanted to get out of the group, but they wouldn't let me.
我想退出這個團體,但是他們不同意。
Getting out of the contract would be no problem.
撤銷這個合同不會有任何問題。
(消息、信息等)泄露,為人所知
If word got out now, a scandal could be disastrous.
如果消息現在傳出去,可能會是災難性的丑聞。
Once the news gets out that Armenia is in a very critical situation, I think the world will respond.
我認為亞美尼亞局勢非常嚴峻的消息一旦披露,全世界都將作出反應。