In your country, the dragon is a little bit evil, right? Right.
在你們國家,龍有一點,有點邪惡是嗎?是的。
But we are not. You are not evil.
但我們不的是。你們的龍不邪惡
So your dragon... It's god. It's kind, It's benevolent? Yeah.
你們的龍...它是神。是和善仁慈的。是的。
Also, bring all the good luck, money, happiness to people.
也給人帶來好運,財運,還有幸福
So this is a key part of any Chinese New Year celebration is having a dragon being part of that?
所以這是中國新年慶典里重要部分就是得有舞龍
Yes. Dragons and lion dance and kung fu.
是的。舞龍,舞獅和功夫
Dragon lion dance and kung fu. So they are all connected?
舞龍,舞獅和功夫,這些都相關嗎
Yeah, yeah, just like... The lion dance is also like this.
是的,就像這樣...舞獅也是這個動作
OK? OK. OK. So you see the Dragon dancer?
哦。是的。你看那些舞龍的人
Can I have a go and just see what it is like to hold?
我能試一下嗎,想試試握著那桿的感受
Lovely, OK. Can I? Yeah? Yeah. So, this one? Yeah.
太棒了,好的。真的可以嗎?可以。拿這根?是的。
Traditionally, the dragon was a sign of strength and power
傳統上,龍象征著力量和權力
and it was often used by China's emperors as their own symbol.
中國的皇帝經常拿它作為自己的象征
It is surprisingly heavy when you are doing this.
這樣舞動時,真是沉得出奇
The most revered of the mythical animals,
它是最神秘和令人敬畏的動物
its movement in the performance must demonstrate its power and dignity,
表演中的每個動作都是在彰顯自己的權力和尊嚴
and the longer it is, the more luck it will bring the community.
舞龍越長,越是能給社區帶來好運
Oh, my goodness. OK. And you do start to feel part of this amazing animal.
哦,老天啊,好了。我開始感覺到這一神奇的動物了