1、get out
逃離;被迫離開
They probably wanted to get out of the country.
他們或許想逃離這個國家。
I told him to leave and get out.
我叫他滾開。
退出(組織);撤銷(承諾)
I wanted to get out of the group, but they wouldn't let me.
我想退出這個團體,但是他們不同意。
Getting out of the contract would be no problem.
撤銷這個合同不會有任何問題。
(消息、信息等)泄露,為人所知
If word got out now, a scandal could be disastrous.
如果消息現在傳出去,可能會是災難性的丑聞。
Once the news gets out that Armenia is in a very critical situation, I think the world will respond.
我認為亞美尼亞局勢非常嚴峻的消息一旦披露,全世界都將作出反應。
2、realize
認識到;意識到;了解
As soon as we realised something was wrong, we moved the children away.
我們剛意識到有什么不對勁就把孩子轉移了。
People don't realize how serious this recession has actually been.
人們沒有意識到這次經濟衰退事實上有多嚴重。
(希望、心愿或恐懼)實現,成為現實,發生
Straightaway our worst fears were realised.
我們最恐懼的事情一下發生了。
Those are our hopes; we are starting this clinical trial to investigate whether those hopes will be realised.
那些就是我們的希望;我們正在開展這些臨床試驗以調查那些希望是否可以實現。
發揮,實現(潛力)
The support systems to enable women to realize their potential at work are seriously inadequate.
使婦女在工作中發揮潛力的支持體系嚴重不足。
I think probably that the laser has not realised the potential that was expected of it in that domain.
我想可能激光在那個領域并沒有充分發揮其潛力。