1、turn around
(使)調轉方向;(使)轉向
Bud turned the truck around, and started back for Dalton Pond.
巴德把卡車掉頭,開始返回多爾頓池。
He had reached over to turn round a bottle of champagne so that the label didn't show.
他伸手把香檳轉了一下,這樣它的商標就不會露出來。
(使)復蘇;(使)好轉
Turning the company around won't be easy.
盤活那家公司絕非易事。
In his long career at BP, Horton turned around two entire divisions.
霍頓在英國石油公司漫長的職業生涯中曾經讓兩個部門整體上起死回生。
改變(問題、句子或想法的)表達方式
Now turn the question around and start looking not for what you did wrong in the past, but for what you can do to make things better in the future.
現在換個角度考慮問題,開始不要去想你過去做錯了什么,而考慮一下怎樣才能日后做得更好。
It's an example of how you can turn around the sentence and create a whole new meaning.
那個例子告訴你如何改變一個句子使其表達出完全不一樣的意思。
2、approach
靠近;接近;走近
He didn't approach the front door at once.
他沒有馬上走向前門。
When I approached, they grew silent.
當我走近時,他們就不說話了。
與…接洽;找…商量
When Chappel approached me about the job, my first reaction was of disbelief.
當查普爾為這份工作找我商量時,我的第一反應是不相信。
He approached me to create and design the restaurant.
他請我建造并設計該飯店。