This distinction between victim and empowered is imaginary.
受害者和掌權者的區別是虛假的。
It exists purely to discredit sex workers and make it easy to ignore us.
它的存在只是為了敗壞性工作者的名聲,讓社會更加輕易的無視我們。
No doubt many of you work for a living. Well, sex work is work, too.
在座各位為謀生而工作。性工作也是工作。
Just like you, some of us like our jobs, some of us hate them.
就像各位一樣,有些人熱愛自己的工作,有些人憎恨它。
Ultimately, most of us have mixed feelings.
最終我們中大多數人對這份工作都懷著復雜的感情。
But how we feel about our work isn't the point.
但是我們對工作是什么感情并不是重點。
And how others feel about our work certainly isn't.
別人怎么看我們的工作也不是重點。
What's important is that we have the right to work safely and on our own terms.
重要的是我們有權利根據我們自己的主張安全的工作。
Sex workers are real people.
性工作者也是人。
We've had complicated experiences and complicated responses to those experiences.
我們有復雜的經歷和對那些經歷復雜的反應。
But our demands are not complicated.
但是我們的要求并不復雜。
You can ask expensive escorts in New York City,
你可以問在紐約的高級陪護,
brothel workers in Cambodia, street workers in South Africa
柬埔寨的妓女,南非的站街工作者,
and every girl on the roster at my old job in Soho, and they will all tell you the same thing.
和我以前工作過的倫敦蘇活區里每一個名單上的女孩,他們都會告訴你同樣的事情。
You can speak to millions of sex workers and countless sex work-led organizations.
你可以問千千萬萬個性工作者和不計其數的性工作領導機構。
We want full decriminalization and labor rights as workers.
我們需要完全的無罪化,和其他工作者一樣的勞動者權益。
I'm just one sex worker on the stage today, but I'm bringing a message from all over the world. Thank you.
今天我只是一個站在臺上的性工作者,但是我帶來了全世界的聲音。謝謝。