And if the results come out that actually they do,
如果結論是她們真的快樂
are you prepared to shift your instinctive current judgment on some of these issues?
你準備好改變你現在在這些議題上的直觀判斷了嗎?
Well yeah, modulo one obvious fact,
舉個真實案例
that you can love someone in the context of a truly delusional belief system.
就算在一個虛假的道德體系里,你還是可以愛人
So, you can say like, "Because I knew my gay son was going to go to hell if he found a boyfriend,
你會說,“因為我愛我的兒子,我不想他因為他的男朋友下地獄
I chopped his head off. And that was the most compassionate thing I could do."
于是我把他的頭砍下來,這就是我對他的愛
If you get all those parts aligned, yes I think you could probably be feeling the emotion of love.
如果你能找到一個均衡,是的你仍然可以感覺到一種愛
But again, then we have to talk about well-being in a larger context.
但是我們也必須把幸福放到更大的背景下來談
It's all of us in this together,
這是我們共同的功課
not one man feeling ecstasy and then blowing himself up on a bus.
不是一個男人進入一種狂喜狀態就可以在巴士上把自己炸掉
Sam, this is a conversation I would actually love to continue for hours.
我很希望這個對話可以繼續幾個小時
We don't have that, but maybe another time. Thank you for coming to TED.
雖然現在不行,或許在不遠的將來。謝謝你來TED演講
Really an honor. Thank you.
是我的榮幸,謝謝你。